Chapter 2

Heya fans,

Sooo when I first started this I didn't know where I was exactly going with it, but I have figured it out!

This chapter is dedicated to kirbyy Please check out her story Jar of Hearts! It's really good and you have to love her vampire kirby profile pic! It's cute! ^-^

Here's the next chappy:

Chapter 2

Dust and the tantalizing taste of blood whirled in the air. I licked my lips, the scent of the blood stained walls made my throat burn. It had taken over 1000 bodies to completely cover all my walls in blood to make them blood red. Another reason that this was my favorite house.

I tossed my worn backpack onto the hard wood floor and lounged on my black leather couch that I had stolen from a store about ten years back. After holding my breath for over an hour, I couldn't stand it anymore. I needed blood.

The skies were still dark as I hopped from tree top to tree top. I dropped down from the last tree at the edge of the forest and smelled the air. I could feel the adrenaline rising as I set off into town.

I stayed hidden, even my shadow couldn't be seen. Tonight, I wanted clean blood, innocent blood; blood that had never been touched by drugs. Blood that was so hard to find in Texas, but I knew where to find one.

Clean blood was such a rare find, but I kept tabs on humans that had it. I had these cravings once every long while and always kept tabs on one whenever I had the craving. If I didn't, I'd go crazy – not that I'm not already – and destroy a whole town.

I stood on the edge of the roof to a familiar house. I came here just to smell her blood. It was so sweet, so mouthwatering, I could go on smelling it for hours. I flipped off the roof and hooked my hand on her balcony's rail. I perched myself on the top of the railing and watched her toss and turn in her covers.

She was only nine, but innocent blood was innocent blood, and I wanted her. I broke the lock and opened and closed the door within less than half a second. I pulled the covers off of her and hopped on her bed, hovering over her.

I leaned in towards her exposed neck, inhaling deeply. I shouldn't...but whoever said that I did what I should? I thought and bit deeply into her neck. I covered her mouth roughly as she screamed in pain, which only caused me to suck her blood faster.

I stopped, knowing if I took one more gulp she'd be dead for sure. Something in me told me I shouldn't kill her, but I shrugged off the feeling. I never planned on killing her. Since I had sucked so much blood, she would have some memory loss. Or at least, that's what normally happened.

I watched her till she woke up. It was light outside when I heard a low moan. I hid behind her frilly pink curtain and was surprised when she gasped and held her hand to her neck. I slowly stepped out from behind the curtain, uncertain of what I was really doing.

“You!”She screamed when she saw me. I cut off her scream before it got loud enough to wake the other humans in the house.

How does she remember? All my other experiments on humans worked and they lost their memory.

“I'm going to let go, if you scream, I will not hesitate to hurt you. When I let you go, I want you to tell me exactly what you remember. Ready?” I felt her lightly nod her head against my hand. I let go as words rushed out of her mouth.

“You bit me and then I tried to fight but I couldn't. Then I think everything went black. Please don't do it again.” She cried, I rolled my eyes as tears flooded down her cheeks. Her eyes fluttered as she tried to stop the tears.