"Well Granger, i don't know about you but i'm going to get some sleep before we have to change. So if you don't mind, do try to keep it down."

"Sleep? That's what you're going to do? How can you even think of sleeping right now? Are you not bothered by the fact that we will have to work together for most of the year? Or even the fact that i could hex you into oblivion whilst you slept?" Malfoy looked almost bored whilst i threw all these questions at him, slightly hysterical.

"First of all Granger, there is definitely no way you could 'hex me into oblivion' as you put it. I'd have you on the floor screaming painfully before you'd even get a word out. As for working together, do you really think i would not have thought this out before accepting the position?" and with that said he sat back down on his side of the carriage and shut his eyes.

I didn't even know how to respond to that. Usually Malfoy's threats were nothing to be afraid of but the way he spoke about hurting me with such confidence, as if it was yesterday's news, unerved me. His tone had no malice to it. Instead it was like it he had responded as an afterthought. He was calm, strangely calm. It felt like he had complete control of the suitation and my presense had no affect on him. It was kind of scary. Not that i'd admit that in a thousand years.

Debating between staying or going back to the others, I decided I should stay. Even if it was just to act like Malfoy's words had no affect on me. In reality they had.

"Granger"

"Granger"

"For goodness sake, GRANGER, have you gone deaf? We need to do one last patrol"

I jumped as I realised Malfoy had clearly been calling me for a while.

"What? Oh sorry Malfoy I didn't realise you were calling me...."

"Clearly" He interrupted me, rolling his eyes.

"...but shouldn't Blaise be patrolling with me Head Boy"

"Honestly Granger, he came and went while you were off in Granger dreamland and asked me to do it instead"

He came and went? How deep into my thoughts did I go?

"well?"

"Well what, Malfoy?"

"Patrol remember? are you going to be like this all year because i refuse to constantly repeat myself and remind you of our duties"

My cheeks flushed. I stepped towards the door and walked out knowing Malfoy would follow.

Patrolling went fine with Malfoy surprisingly, he didn't even say anything insulting when I stopped and said hi to the others before going back to our compartment.

Returning back to Hogwarts was the best and worst feeling ever. Hogwarts was always my home, even with all the bad things that happened there. Especially in the last few years. But it was also the worst because of all the negative feelings it bought up. Every spot that held a happy memory for Hermione seemed to now to be tainted with the bleak screams and cry for help of the war. What once seemed light and happy now seemed dark and depressing. Hermione, however, was determined to try and override those horrible memories with new happy ones. Especially now that the most they had to worry about was taking their NEWTS. Well, that and why Draco Malfoy was not Malfoy.

Malfoy was no longer the same. One second he seemed different in a good way and other times, like now, in a bad way. He seemed cold, as if nothing was really worth his time. I snuck a few more glances at Malfoy, who seemed fast asleep at this point, before i continued to stare at the scenary as it passed by.

After the war Miss McGonagall, or Headmistress McGonagall as she was now known, decided that instead of just promoting house unity she was going to actively try and create unity between all houses. It was for this very reason the returning 8th years had their own table in the Great hall with no distinction between houses. She believed that this would offer them the chance to mingle with other houses, especially the slytherins who seemed to be struggling with the upper years. McGonagall knew that this would not just happen on its own and therefore explained to Hermione, Blaise and Draco Malfoy that for the good of the school they needed to be seen being civilised with each other around the castle and during meals as this would hopefully encourage others to follow suit.

Personally, I could not agree more because as much I respected Dumbledore and valued his opinions I could not help but fault him for the division between certain students to some extent. I would never mention this to the boys because I know exactly how they would react and now is the time for peace and not petty arguing. Looking back I feel like so many of the actions of certain people definitely contributed towards the alienation of the Slytherins. For example, Dumbledore adding points at the end of first year making Griffindor win, which would have seemed so unfair to the Slytherins who has actually contributed to their house points. Plus the way he constantly insinuated all slytherins were bad and could not be trusted and could only become death eaters was so bias considering Griffindor had Peter and he turned out to be the worst of them all. Plus, Snape constantly letting them all get away with things they shouldn't have and allowing them to bully others is baffling. How could someone who has been bullied the way he was and not only bully others himself but almost encourage his students to do it. I will respect Snape for how he gave his life for Harry's always but I will never forget the fact he bullied so many students that he reduced them to tears, like me with the teeth incident, or became their greatest fear like he did with Neville. Neville whose parents had been tortured and yet his greatest fear was not Bellatrix but a professor whose job was to educate and help him.

I shook my head and stopped thinking about the past. By the time, we reached Hogwarts, I'd left any thought of Malfoy, Dumbledore and Snape behind and instead concentrated on things we probaly were going to learn this year. As well as what books i wanted to read, after all books are the gateway of knowledge. It felt good to be back and hopefully I could have a normal year with some form of stability instead of being worried of being hunted every second like the past year.

****************************************************************************************

Okay so im going to end the chapter here for now and do a part 2 later on

I might join both chapters together later on since I didnt originally plan on this being two parts

***Important***

also before anyone spontaneous combusts in the comments...the part where Hermione talks about Dumbledore and Snape..that is actually my opinion ..I probably will go into it further in another chapter but I want you to know I love Dumbledore but he also makes me irrationally mad but thats because he is a complicated character. As for Snape there is nothing in the world that will ever make me like him ...I utterly despise him.i respect him for some of his tougher choices and the subtle manipulations he gets from Dumbledore and think he was integral to the plot but on a whole he is the worst. that probably will also be touched upon later on. I understand that some people Will disagree with me but at the end of the day that is my opinion just like you disagreeing is yours and I respect that so please respect mine...questions are welcome rude comments are not because I will happily respond rudely if I think you are being rude😊

***important 2***

also im so very very very very sorry for how long its been since I updated im hoping to do better🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

please leave a comment on how you think my writing was in general as its been a while since ive wrote anything and your opinions in general

and vote if you like it

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox