Chapter 16

A/N: This is most definitely not edited so beware of grammatical errors...

Chapter Sixteen

There was a light knock on my window so I jumped out of bed and carried the metal chair over to it. My heart thumped in my chest, I was so happy to see Damien again and actually remember him.

"Damien!" I exclaimed, climbing up to the window.

His eyes went round and his hand shook as he slipped it through the bars to press his palm flat against the glass.

"You remember me." He said just loud enough that I could hear him.

I nodded my head quickly and leaned my forehead against the cold glass. Whatever hold the blue drink had on me must have worn off, and I heaved a sigh of relief that I could remember the most important person in my life. Having a man like Damien to fight for makes it just a little bit easier. My father was the first one to break the heavy silence and shake us out of our happy meeting.

"Okay kids, that's great and all but we need to figure out how the hell we are going to get you out of there, Soph. And Wendy."

"What about Dale and Dylan?" I pointed out.

"Who?" my dad asked.

"Wendy's sons. Your grandsons."

My dad shook his head in disbelief before he recollected himself and turned to Damien with what should have been a cross look, but came out blank due to the lack of facial muscles.

"You left that little piece out." my father bit out.

"Those two boys are dead. So is their father, Brian. They were all publicly hanged for attempting to rise up against the government." Damien said, never taking his eyes off mine. "Derik used them as an example to the whole town, to scare off anybody else who had thoughts of rebelling."

I felt my heart tear for my nephews, even Dylan who had been a brat to me his entire life. I was their Aunt and I was supposed to protect them, especially with their mother's transformation from human to robot...something that was my fault. I choked back my tears and found my sadness washed away temporarily by a storm of anger. I put all the blame on Derik, who's been the mastermind of this whole thing from the beginning. 

"Mr. Poke has set the wedding day for five days from now. We need to set my plan into motion." I said from between clenched teeth.

"What plan?" Damien asked. "I wasn't aware you even had a plan."

"There's a weapon's room just down the hall from this room. If I can get into it somehow and get a couple of guns without the guards noticing, I can kill whoever stands between me and the door. Then we can resume our journey North."

Damien seemed to ponder everything over in his head before he slowly nodded. "There's some big loopholes, but if you can pull it off you'd be free. And we'd have some weapons to take with us so this doesn't happen again."

My father sighed and I could tell he was worried. "We need to find a place to meet up in case something goes wrong. And we need to think this through a little bit more. Once you start shooting we'll rush in to help. And you can't just expect those guards not to have guns themselves. You'll need to be stealthy and sneak up on them." he let out another sigh and lifted his head to look at me. "I really don't want you to do this, baby girl. Damien and I can think of another way to get you out."

I gave my dad a small smile which he didn't return. "I have to, dad. By the time you think of another plan it will be too late."

"Well I just hope that this works. And that it doesn't get you killed." he replied.