You shook the thought from your head. "Y/N," you introduced yourself, holding your hand out and he looked down at it, a smile spreading across his face as he took it into his own, his hand engulfing yours like a pebble being thrown into the water.

"Dean," he said. "Dean Winchester."

"Well, Dean Winchester," you said with a small smile, "how about we take this party elsewhere?"

"It'll be an honor."

Now
You sighed and held a hand into your head. The words on the papers in front of you were blurring together by now, and the constant shrill of the ringing phones nobody decided to answer were getting on your nerves. If it weren't for the picture of you beloved son, Will, you are sure you would've gone crazy by now.

"Hey, Y/N." The familiar voice of one of your friends, Howard Stilts, slid up to you in his office chair. He occupied the cubicle next to your, having pictures of his wife and family aligned on the wall to remind everybody he was taken - Howard's a handsome fellow if you get passed all grease he puts in his black hair, with his dull brown eyes and a small smile that tells everyone he's friendly though, when you get to know him, he can be a real dick sometimes. "How's Will doing?"

"Good," you told him with a small shrug as you continued to look at the blurring words rather than at him. "He's getting a lot better at school now these days since the school started taking in books with braille." You shrugged and finally looked at the man you shared office space with for years, only taking this job when nothing else opened up.

"I'm really sorry about that, by the way," Howard said, a small, apologetic smile plastering his face as he leaned closer to you on one of armrests. 

You shrugged again. "What am I gonna do? Can't stop genetics."

"That's one way to think of it," he said as your phone started vibrating, signaling the end of your shift, a temporary release from Hell. "Well, looks like we're off."

"You're getting off at three as well?"

Howard nodded and stood up, you walking with him as he pushed his chair back to the right place in his cubicle. "They cut my time shorter since Nancy's nine months pregnant."

"Oh, is she?" You smiled. "I didn't know."

"Well, in fair honesty, you have a child of your own. I don't expect you to be too concerned about mine." He laughed. "Anyways, I have to go get my paycheck. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course," you said as he veered to the right instead of going straight, sending you a small wave before disappearing into the boss's office.

As you walked closer to the door, a foot or two away, you were stopped abruptly by somebody calling your name, the familiar voice of Juliet Kry, the boss. You turned to watch her walk up to you quickly, her brown hair pulled into a tight bun, her bland green eyes hiding behind a pair of cheap reading glasses, and her nose pointing straight out. The stack of papers in her hands did not go unnoticed by you. She sighed in relief as she caught you before you left, and you resisted the urge to roll your eyes.

"Hey, Juliet," you said with a small smile. "I was just heading out to go pick up Will. Is there anything I can help you with?"

"Howard's waiting in my office," she stated, "so I have to make this quick. Since Howard's leaving earlier than usual, I'm gonna need you to stay late and type this out." She pushed the stack of papers into your arms, a stack that's larger than encyclopedia.

"This is going to take hours," you stated.

She just smiled at you. "Will has a good babysitter, correct?" She rested an arm on your back as she guided you back into Hell, away from the gates of your freedom. "This report is vital to the company, could bring us up another year in the stocks." She smiled, though she wasn't looking at you, you were glaring her down. "And that could be absolutely amazing for us, terrible for our competition."