Chapter 19

•·.· Chapter 19 ·.·•

Aubrey collapsed face forward unto her bed in exhaustion. She'd just finishing packing some clothes into a small travel bag. She didn't need anything much. She was going home after all. She had more stuff back at home than she did here. She'd probably end up coming back with more bags.

She still couldn't believe that in a few hours, she and Travis would be leaving. She was both excited and nervous. She couldn't wait to see her mom but she was going mental at the thought that she and Travis would meet face to face. What would be her reaction? Sure, she seemed to like him over the phone, but who wouldn't? She smiled to herself at the thought. Anyone could fall in love with Travis just by listening to him speak. His voice was rich, smooth and downright lethal. Her mom never really stood a chance. Not over the phone. 

But later, when they'd finally meet face to face, would she still like him? There was a very good chance she would. Brenda liked everyone. She saw the good in everyone even when it was hardly there. It was a trait Aubrey loved about her mother and also inherited from her too. In fact, now that Aubrey thought about it, it was that very trait that drew Aubrey to Travis in the first place. So, technically her being with Travis was her mother's fault. It made complete sense. Brenda had no choice but to accept him.

With that crazy yet soothing thought in mind, she rolled over and checked her cell beside for any missed calls or messages. She found it strange that Travis hadn't called or even messaged her for the day. He didn't have to, but it was completely unlike him not to. And when she tried calling him, his phone went straight to voice mail.

Was he backing out? He assured her he wouldn't. And even if he was, she highly doubted that he would just ignore her completely. That would be the cowards' way out and Travis was no coward. He was probably just busy, but she really needed to hear his voice to see if he was okay. She was starting to get a little worried.

"Barbie," Cindy popped her head in the doorway. Ever since she found out Aiden and Cory's nickname for her, she'd started using it too. "We have a guest."

Aubrey bumped into Cindy's side to show her annoyance and followed her into the living room. Cory stood with his back to them, staring at a photo of Cindy on the wall dressed up as in popcorn bag costume and holding a giant, plastic popcorn in her hand. He jumped, and turned around almost guiltily when he heard them approaching.

"It was a high school event, and that costume was awesome," Cindy explained proudly, even though he hadn't asked. "I still have it."

Cory gave her a bizarre look and nodded. "That's great," he said sounding a bit unsure of himself.

Aubrey moved forward before Cindy offered to show him the rest of the pictures. She had an entire album filled with them. "So Cory? This is a surprise. What brings you here?" she asked moving to sit on the couch. Cory did the same although a bit hesitantly. Cindy plopped herself unto the love seat opposite of them. She picked up a thick romance novel from the table, and started to casually flip through the pages.

"Don't mind me," she said shifting to get more comfortable. "Pretend I'm not here."

"Done." Aubrey turned back to Cory who was staring back at her unblinkingly. She looked at him expectantly, but he only scratched his chin and kept on staring.

"Cory?"

"Yeah?" he responded quickly.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Aubrey asked.

"Yes. Travis wanted me to drop by, and ask if you would mind leaving a bit later. Like later tonight instead of soon."

Aubrey folded her arms, and gave him a suspicious look. "That depends. Why?"