Chapter 15: Fiesty

Începe de la început

"What do you say we both take the next waves that come and end this. I can't stand being away from her any longer." Luke said quietly under his breath from next to me. The look on my best friend's face mirrored my own. His jaw was clenched down tight and his nostrils were flaring. He was trying to maintain a calm composure, but it seemed to be slowly slipping away.

Nodding my head in agreement, I tilted my head at a wave rolling towards us. "You take this one." I suggested, knowing he couldn't wait any longer to be next to Anya. To be honest with you, I couldn't wait any longer either. I didn't want to be selfish so I allowed him to go first.

Luke rode out his wave and immediately got out of the water. He went over to Anya pulling her to a standing position. They said something to Lise who was now standing up talking to Axel and Jett. She was waving her hands in a dismissive gesture, probably trying to shoo them off to have some fun.

Reluctantly Axel and Jett left her side to go over to join the rest of the party. They headed towards the drink coolers. Soon after they left, I watched as she nodded her head up and down at Anya and Luke. They walked off hand in hand along the water, no doubt for some alone time.

An uneasy feeling washed over me as I stared at my mate standing there alone. She turned her head to meet my gaze. Cupping her hands at each side of her mouth she shouted, "What're you waiting for pretty boy? Show me what you got!"

An instantaneous smirk spread across my lips. I'll show her what I got all right. Looking back I spotted a huge wave coming my way. I began paddling forwards and stood up just in time to catch the eye of it. I could hear her shouts of excitement as I twisted the board a bit to balance out. Her joyful claps making my heart warm to the core.
As I finished out the wave, I grabbed my board and began wading back to shore. Where Lise once stood, was filled with she-wolves. A crowd of girls was encircling her in the middle. What the hell's going on? Is she hurt? I looked around to see that Luke and Anya walked all the way to the opposite end of the beach, their backs towards us. Where's Axel and Jett? Why isn't anyone with her? Picking up my speed I could hear Lana and Jewel's taunts.

"What're you the town slut now or something?" Lana snorted. "How'd you pull off getting all the guys to hang out with you, sleep with all of them?"

Who the hell do these girls think they are bullying their future Luna? Do they not have any respect at all? I know they're angry because she's my mate and it means I'm off the market, Lise being human doesn't help any. Regardless, it still doesn't give them reason to treat her like that. My fists clenched involuntarily at my side as I dropped the board down onto the wet sand.

Seeing Lise standing helplessly in the middle of five girls pissed me off to the core. As I stomped my way over I got within a few steps of them, before hearing her speak. The sound of her strong voice reassured me that she didn't feel any fear being cornered by them.

"Haha, yea I learned how to be the town slut from watching the very best...YOU!" She chuckled humorlessly directing that towards Lana. This managed to cause me to stop right where I stood. I was extremely surprised that my little innocent mate has a vicious bite to her. It was such a damn turn on watching her face heat up with anger.

I know she has witty comebacks and a sense of humor, but I had no clue that she has it in her to argue back with the best of them. The feistiness made her hazel eyes twinkle. She doesn't plan on standing back and taking the abuse, she's fighting back and I'm so damn proud of her.

"Think you're so smart just because you skipped a grade, don't you?" Krista spat out while flipping her black hair over her shoulder.

"Well ugh yea, that's what it usually means when you skip a grade, that you're smart." Lise retorted crossing her hands over her chest defiantly. "But you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you?

I shook my head in disbelief; she keeps on shocking me with her fast responses. From the corner of my eye I glanced at Axel who finally noticed the commotion. Some protector he is. Holding up my hand I shook my head slightly to tell him to stop where he was. I wanted to see how far these girls would take this. Plus I was interested to see how else Lise would react. Why are girls such drama queens? Well at least the girls I knew are, that's why I liked Lise so much. She's nothing like any of them. She's one of a kind.

"Tristan's mine." Jewel grumbled lowly through gritted teeth. "If you think you can just waltz in and steal him away, you better think again. I'm not giving up that easily." She threatened pointing a finger in Lise's face.

If she so much as touches a hair on her head, Beta's daughter or not I'll kill her. Nobody threatens my mate and gets away with it. At this warning, Lise's hands dropped from her chest. She stood up taller drawing up to full height. Jewel is still an inch or so taller then her, but it didn't seem to bother her any.

"No bitch..." Lise barked taking a threatening step in Jewel's direction. Her eyebrow was raised as if she was daring Jewel to touch her with her finger. Lise stepped right up to Jewel's face so that their noses were almost touching. Sad to say, holy crap this was hot. Is a chick fight going to break out over little old me? "Tristan's my mate so you need to accept it and move on. He doesn't want you. If you so much as breathe funny in his direction, I'll beat the freckles off your face." Lise's voice was so low it was scary.

Lise pushed her way through the crowd, shoving Jewel off balance. She made her way over to me with an angry look in her eyes. Running her small hands from my abs up to my chest, she wrapped her arms around my neck pulling my face down to her level.
She stood on her tippy toes and brought her lips up against mine whispering, "You've got some awesome skills there pretty boy. I declare you winner."

Her lips latched onto mine forcefully throwing me off a bit. After a few Moments of standing there like a moron, I yanked her body molding it against mine. This time she was the one, who bit down on my bottom lip sucking it gently, causing me to groan with need. Lise deepened the kiss as she ran her delicate fingers through my hair.

All I could do as I kissed her back was bunch the back of her shirt up in my fists. I wasn't used to this brave side of her, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like it. This was such a damn turn on; it's going to be so hard for me to fight my urges to claim her. I could feel my wolf battling with me to get out as my canines began to break the surface of my gums...