Chapter 3

"Ali wake up, you have to go to the school" my mother said gently.

I put my pillow in my face.

"I don't want to!" I exclaimed in a childish voice.

"Ali ,I'm not playing, its late" advised my mom. So I stood, kissed her cheek, and went to shower.

After I put on jeans and a purple tshirt.

Then I went down for breakfast

•••

"Hey how was yesterday with my cousin?" Ester asked me as we were walking down the hallway.

"It was great" I said and resumed the night for her.

"Looks like someone is in love here" she said smiling as we entered gym class.

"C'mon I've seen him twice. Love takes time" I declared.

"But Ali! He's the kind of man you deserve! Who care about age? He's tailor made for you!" She screamed.

"Then poor him and can you lower you voice?"

"Ugh Ali why aren't you loving love?"

"Hmm maybe because it breaks your heart and leaves you scarred?" I guessed.

"Ugh" said Ester.

"Just kidding Ester. Calm down girl. I don't want to daydream this fast. Okay?" She agreed and we went to gym class.

•••

"So is Edward coming for you?" I asked.

"No, it's coming Nina, the daughter of mrs. Jones. Still remember her?" She asked but turned away.

I remembered. That girl has something against me. Really. No kidding. She just wants to win me over everything and treats me like trash though I really never did something to start her hate.

"Look here she comes" she announced. standing up from the bench from where we were sitting.

"See ya tomorrow" she guessed and kissed me on the cheek.

"Tomorrow" I echoed.

And watched as Nina was laughing with someone.. It was Edward. Oh great.

Edward got out of the car and opened the door for his cousin.

"Hi Ali" he greeted sweetly.

"Hi" I said coldly. I didn't mean to but it was her, Nina. Ugh.

"See you all tomorrow."

I said taking my skateboard out of my backpack.

"Do you want a ride?" He asked me.

"No it's okay" I faked a smile. Then I looked at Nina who was smiling on the drivers seat.

Ugh ugh ugh.

I got on and went off feeling everyone's eyes on my back.

•••

Three days passed. Then that afternoon the phone rang.

"Hey Ali it's for you". Announced my dad from downstairs.

"Can you throw it?" I questioned from upstairs.

"Thanks" I said catching it.

"Hello?" Half asked half greeted a male voice on the other end.

"Hey Stephen" I greeted happily.

"Long since we don't talk"

"Yeah I know. We've been too busy. This time of the year, teachers love to put all the homework they didn't put on the whole semester."

"I know. Whatcha doing?"

"Just here in my house. You?"

It was so easy talking to my male best friend.

"Out side your door "

"What?" I asked.

"Can you please open up?" He asked while I heard a ding dong.

"Coming!" I screamed and hung up.

I ran downstairs and opened up the door.

"Hey" he said with the same smile as always. His blond and straight hair shining in the hot rays of the sun.

And his green eyes shining with the same intensity.

"To the backyard?" I asked. His visits were too often that we talked like this.

"Ok" he said. And we headed to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took out 2 ice pops. I have one to him.

He opened the door that led to the backyard and we sat in the grass.

"You look great" he announced.

"So do you." I confessed.

I ate a bit from my ice pop.

"So what's new?" He questioned.

"Well, not so much. Ester's cousin is staying with her. He's really nice. We've been hanging out a lot. "

"You, Ester and him?"

"Well sometimes the three of us and sometimes just him and me". I confessed. I could feel the blushing in my cheeks.

"So.. You like him?" He asked eating from him Popsicle.

I carefully lied on the ground. Stephen did the same but beside me. We were staring at the sky. We ate at the same time. I laughed and he did too.

"I'm not sure. You know this sort of things never work out for me" I reminded him.

"Maybe it's because you always choose the wrong ones" he reminded me.

"Maybe, but when you fall in love it's not like you see that until they hurt you" I explained and got lost in my thoughts.

We stood silent for a moment.

"And what about you? Still in love with you mysterious girl?" I asked.

His mysterious girl is the girl he's in love with. He has never revealed her identity. Not even to Ester and me. I don't know why he's this exclusive with the girl he likes. Well that's not true. He used to trust us a lot. But now we barely see him. He ha told us shed beautiful and blonde. That's all he has told us.

"Yes." He answered.

Then I don't know what Borneo inside of me, because for the first time I really wanted to know whom was this girl.

"May I know her name?" I asked politely.

"Of my mysterious girl?" he blushed and I nodded. "No"

"Why not?" I demanded.

"Because its a secret" he said simply

"Because it a secret? I'm your bestfriend, I don't hide you anything. But you can? Ok" I paused. "Whatever" and I stood up.

"No, no, Ali don't be mad at me it's just that she doesn't like me back and if I tell you you'll see me as a complete looser" he confessed.

"I don't think you're a looser if you love somebody"

He looked at me in the eyes, pleading to understand him.

"Okay" I gave up.

"You're the best" he complimented and hug me. I hugged back.

"You are a fool" I said.

"That's why I don't deserve you" he muttered.

"Exactly" I agreed. Then the door opened showing an amused Edward.

He had a frown on his face.

Was he jealous?

Me and Stephen separated.

"Hey Edward" I greeted.