Ch 71: Friends vs. Family

Start from the beginning

"No I don't!  I was there for a day I can't develop Stockholm syndrome that fast.  I'm just telling you he didn't hurt me."

"Sang, this wasn't a one day thing.  You've been his victim since you were eight years old!  He kidnapped you!  Then he's trying to kiss you.  When we got there you kept screaming not to hurt him.  That only points to one thing."  William protests.

"I didn't know what was going on everything happened so fast when you guys came in.  I thought you were going to rip his arms off!"

"I damn well should have!"  Henry snaps.

"No!  Just because he made some mistakes doesn't mean you should treat him poorly.  He didn't hurt me, there's no need to hurt him."

"He kissed you!"

"No he didn't!!"  I yell as loud as I can.  "I kissed him, okay?!  It was nothing, I just...."  I don't know how to explain it to my dad.  I didn't kiss him because I liked him, I kissed him because it felt like the right thing to do.  Volto was born into this situation just like me.  Yeah he took it too far and yes kidnapping me was wrong, but I can understand why in his mind he felt the need to do it.  He needs help and I hope he can get it through the Academy.  That kiss it was a thank you for sticking by me, for saving me from my step mother and a goodbye all wrapped into one and I think he understood that. That's why it pained me when they were so rough with him.  He was a victim too and I didn't want him to suffer any more.  He never once lied to me, he saved me multiple times and I swear I wouldn't be here today if Cody and his dad hadn't rescued me from that shower.

 I try to explain as simply as possible, "I don't like him, I don't have Stockholm syndrome. I just...he's the only one who never lied to me."  

Henry sighs in frustration, "We haven't lied to you."

"Yes you did!  You lied about everything!"  I yell.

"Sang, it was the only way..."

I cut him off, "No, I don't want to hear excuses.  I don't want to talk about this anymore."  I'm waving my hands in the air like a crazy person as I storm out of the office and through the house straight out the front door and down the driveway.

I just keep walking, to where I have no clue, but it's helping me clear my thoughts and calm my temper.  It's a little hard though, about a block into my walk I noticed Owen following me in his BMW.  I tried to run and go through streets to lose him, but he just keeps finding me.  After a twenty minute game of cat and mouse I give up and let him follow me even if he holds up traffic by driving two miles an hour several feet behind me.  At least he's giving me space right?

I come across a beautiful park and notice it has a lake.  There are no benches so I plant myself on the grassy area near the edge and just watch the water.  I don't know how long I sat there, but I soon hear footsteps crunching in the grass behind me.

Once I hear the footsteps get closer and a shadowy figure close in my line of sight I ask him, "You here to kidnap me too?"

"What?!"  Jay says in a horrified tone and his thick eyebrows scrunched together high up on his forehead.

"Nothing."  I say with a small laugh.

"Had a crazy weekend I assume?"

I snort, "Something like that."

"Want to talk about it?"  He offers, being the good friend that he's somehow become to me.

"No.  How did you know I was here?"

"I live across the lake over there,"  He points. "I saw you and it looked like you needed a friend.  Did you know Mr. Blackbourne is following you?"  He points towards the grey BMW parked down the street.