Accepting His Love

Abigail Jenkins is a young African woman from Missouri in the early 1890's.

 She's caught wind of the Oklahoma Land Rush and now she's set her mind on getting a chunk of land for herself. She's tired of the high minded white people from her old town and she wants to take charge of her own life. She is well aware of all the risks she may face by going alone into unknown territory, but she's willing to take that chance to have a new start on life. Derek Greyson, on the other hand, is a man simply wanting a change in scenery. After his parents died, he'd been taking care of his little sister.

 But now that she's married, he's turned his attention away from his home in Texas, and to the Land Rush in Oklahoma. He finds himself in the dust ridden land with thousands of others, greedy for a piece of the land. What he didn't expect, however, was to meet a lively little African woman with a sharp tongue, deep chocolate eyes and a mountain load of prejudices against white men due to the murder of her little sister.

 What will he do when he finds himself falling for her, along with all of her emotional demons? And for Abigail, what will she do when the stranger with icy blue eyes and a charming smile decides to break all social norms just to be with her?