Chapter 8: Artificial intelligence

After the fight against Strucker and his men and the encounter with the enhanced, the Avengers were heading out of Sokovia on an aircraft to come back to their headquarter at Stark Tower. Having finally found the scepter and with Clint seriously wounded, they had nothing else to do there.

There, Bruce was listening to opera on his headspeakers to relax after his Hulk metamorphosis. He usually did that when he was back in his human form after Natasha's lullaby. Although this method was working pretty well, he still used to feel a bit down because when he was Hulk he wasn't completely under control and he felt bad about the possibility of hurting his friends or innocent civilians.

- Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever. – Natasha told him interrupting his thoughts when she came closer.

- Just wasn't expecting the Code Green. – He answered smiling a bit sadly.
- If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory. – She cheered him up trying to comfort him.
- You know, sometimes exactly what I want to hear isn't exactly what I want to hear. – He added smiling bitterly.
- How long before you trust me? – She asked him.
- It's not you I don't trust. – He finally said.
- Thor, report on the Hulk? – Natasha asked Thor trying to make Bruce feel better.

- The gates of hell are filled with the screams of his victims. – Thor claimed smiling happily and proudly.

Natasha stared at him seriously. Despite his honest intentions of cheering up his teammate, Thor didn't succeed. Bruce groaned in despair and covered his face with both his hands. He felt truly bad. Anyway, he smiled at Thor's innocent mistake.

- Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. – Thor added trying to amend his mistake. – No no, uh...wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout.

Unfortunately, again he didn't succeed. Although he didn't say a word, you could tell by his facial expression that Bruce felt worse. But he was too kind to get angry and moreover, he knew Thor meant well. Steve couldn't help but smile at the awkward momento as he looked at Thor.

- Hey Banner! – Tony, who was driving the aircraft, said all of a sudden breaking the ice. – Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?

- Uh, yeah, she knows her way around. – Bruce answered still feeling awkward.

- Thanks. – Tony responded. – Tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment. – He added talking to Jarvis.

- Very good sir. – Jarvis answered in his typically kind tone.

- Jarvis, take the wheel.

- Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked.

Tony joined Thor and Steve who were surrounding and looking at the scepter as it was a prize. Indeed, it was like their prize for such a tedious and difficult search. Finally, they had found the scepter and now it would be safe.

- It feels good, yeah? – Tony said looking at Thor. – I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but...
- No, but this...this brings it to a close. – Thor answered interrupting him.

- As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement? – Steve added a bit worried. He always worried about civilians.

- Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you? – Tony told Thor, who nodded. – I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?