Ch 61: On the Hunt

Start from the beginning

"He's not here either." She tells me the fucking obvious.

"I know that!! Do you know where he could be?"

"Oh, yeah. I'm pretty sure he went with Uncle to help."

Luke never helps with the Diner. Why would he be running errands with Uncle now? I pull out my cell phone and dial his number.

"Pick up, pick up....shit! Pick up the damn phone Luke!" It goes straight to voicemail so I leave a message, "Oy! It's me. Sang was just fucking kidnapped outside the Diner get your ass over here."

I run back outside and Kota is giving orders like a fucking drill sergeant. I barely know this guy, but if it'll get us to Sang faster I'll do whatever he says.

"I found her, she's headed inland on the 26." Victor points to a pink moving dot on his laptop.

"Is that Sang?" I ask him.

"Yeah, you know that bracelet I gave her?" I nod my head. "I put a tracking device in it. After that elevator fiasco I thought it was better to be safe."

Fucking rich ass. Always giving Sang gifts. Why did I ever think I could compete with these guys. I can't think about that now though, we have to help Sang.

"And the fucking police? Where are they?" I ask Kota.

"I dialed 911 and the operator said they'd send a car right over, but..."

"But what? Spit it out!!" I tell him.

"The operator sounded a lot like Mr. Blackbourne."

"You're shitting me."

Kota just shakes his head at us. Fucking shit, this guy is for real. With no cops that means we are the only ones who can help Sang.

"What are we going to do?" I ask out loud.

"You and Silas go with Victor. Nathan and I will follow. And hey," Kota turns towards Victor. "Send those coordinates to North just in case he wasn't able to tail them."

We all break off into the appropriate cars and head towards the path the moving pink dot is taking. My Sang is always getting into trouble, this only makes it official that she is Trouble. After pulling out of the parking lot like a bat out of hell we get on the freeway and Victor is speeding like we're bank robbers being chased by cops.

As I watch the laptop and give Victor instructions I see we are fast approaching the pink dot. It's stopped moving and I'm thankful we'll be able to catch up.

"Exit here!!!" I tell Victor a little too late. He swerves over two lanes barely making it to the exit while cars honk and move out of our way. I check behind us and Kota is still following us. Man he's a good driver.

We take a few turns and I notice we are in the warehouse district and Sang's pink dot is right in the middle of it. The area is old and abandoned, I look around and large buildings go on for miles and Sang can be in any one of them. We follow the tracker anyways.

"There!!" I point seeing the SUV and North's motorcycle laying on it's side. We pull up with our cars and I'm already out the door before Victor even comes to a stop. Kota almost hits me as he stops too. Everyone else pops out of the cars, leaving them still running as we race into the abandoned warehouse.

I see North approaching us, his head hanging low, his feet shuffling on the ground. He's clutching something, but it's not Sang.

We come to a halt in front of him and wait.

"She's gone." He whispers. "She's fucking gone."

The words don't compute in my head until he holds out his hand and lets the silver bracelet Victor gave her fall to the ground. I pick it up, clutching it like if I hold on hard enough Sang will feel me and know we are coming for her.

"She can't be fucking gone!"  I yell, my words slightly cracking at the end.

"Did you not hear my god damn words?!?! She's gone." North plows towards me. "I looked everywhere in that building. The car's empty, no one is inside. How the hell did this fuck face leave with Sang and no car!??!"

"Then she has to be here somewhere." Kota says giving me hope.

"Without the bracelet it's going to be hard to find her" Victor snuffs that hope right out. Fuck you, Victor. You should have sprung for the better model. You know the one that doesn't easily come off!! I have got to stop letting my thoughts interfere. We need to find Sang.

According to Kota it's been one hour since Sang was taken. He estimates it will take us another two hours to search all the warehouses in the area if we split up in pairs. I suggested going off alone, but he insisted pairs where better if we actually encountered this fucker. Well he didn't use the word fucker, but still.

Before we are able to break off and conduct our search I see a car in the distance.

"Hey, who the fuck is that?"