Hungry Boys

"It's been like 3 hours, where the hell are we?" Jimmy yells to the back seat passenger, Derek.

"I swear it's just up here on the right!" He answers back.

"You said that 10 minutes ago!" Dayrl spits out.

"Oh give me a break, I can handle this. Pull over and let me drive." He exclaims.

"Hell no, you ain't even able to control a map let alone this here automobile." Jimmy states. Furious that the have not yet come to the exit, this was supposed to be a fun guys get away weekend and all the have done so far is fight over the directions.

"I say we all just calm down before anyone gets hurt." Daryl says from the passenger seat.

"Yeah, and what's that supposed to do, help us?" Jimmy spat back at him.

"KINDA!" Daryl yells.

"I think we are all just tired and hungry. Maybe we should take the next exit and take a break. Maybe even grab a bite to eat." Derek says.

"Fine." Daryl says.

"Fine." Jimmy states.

Taking a right at the next exit, they enter a small town called Muggly. And small it was! They turned a sharp left and came to Main Street. Three people. THREE PEOPLE. All that there was in sight was three people. Yikes. They find a gas station, or what's there for a gas station anyway, and fuel up. Hopping back into the truck they drive down the street. When they look left, they see restaurants and on the right they see shops and food markets. Straight ahead at the end of the street they see a burger joint. It's a dark brown color with red flags lining the edges. It has several glass windows on the front and it has a huge sign above the door that says "Marge's Burger Joint" in bold red letters. They pull into one of many free parking spaces and enter the building. They are greeted by a large lady with a purple plaid shirt on and the biggest smile any of them have ever seen.

"HEY, YA'LL! WELCOME TO MARGE'S BURGER JOINT! MY NAME IS MARGE, he-he, AND I'LL BE YOUR WAITER FOR TODAY!" She shouted.

Taken aback by her shouting, the men jumped, not expecting her to have such a big voice for such a little town. Chuckling, they follow her. She leads them to a table in the far corner, right next to the window.

"Here's a menu, deary." She says to Daryl, giving him a flirty wink.

"Uhh, thanks" he replies. As Jimmy and Derek chuckle. Daryl shoots them a death glare and they take the hint and shut up.

"And here's one for you two." She hands Jimmy and Derek each a menu. "Our special for the day is a Traditional Burger with cheese, ketchup, mustard, onion, and a side of fries. I'll be back to take your order shortly. As she walks away she takes a second look at Daryl, who blushes and looks down. She laughs.

"What the heck was that, why didn't you say something?" Jimmy whispers to Derek who is looking down at his menu.

"I dunno." He says shrugging his shoulders.

"Whatever, man, your loss."

Marge comes walking by not thirty seconds later. Asking us if we have made up our minds yet.

"Ya'll decide on what yer gonna eats today?"

"I'll take a traditional." Derek tells her.

"Same here, and my buddy, Daryl, would like a traditional with a side of you." Jimmy says chuckling.

Daryl turns beat red and jumps across the table threatening Jimmy. After Marge yells at them for fighting inside of her restaurant they settle down.

"I never said that, for what it's worth, but I too would like a traditional." Daryl says without making eye contact.

"That will be three traditional, all with a side of fries, and what to drink?" Marge asks.

"Coke"

"Water, please"

"Lemonade"

"Good, I'll be back with your food shortly." Marge says without taking her eyes off of Daryl. She walks to the back kitchen and shouts the order out. The three of them are left there in silence. They look around the restaurant and they see several tables and booths, all which are empty. The floor is dark hardwood, and the ceiling is solid black with 8 light fixtures lighting up the small room. Admiring the place, Daryl stands up to take a closer look. Hanging on the wall are picture frames. One is of a younger Marge, she is standing out in front of the building holding a sign that says "sold". The one to the right is a picture of an older man wearing a black apron and he has a smile on his face and he is giving Marge a big hug. At that moment Marge walks up behind him.

"That was my Papa Carl. He was the biggest supporter of my place and myself." She says.

"He seems very nice" Daryl replies, turning to look at her, he catches a glimpse of something bright. But it goes away within the blink of an eye. Seeing that he has been startled by something, Marge turns her head to look in the opposite direction, unable to see what he had seen. He shakes his head and attempts to start a conversation with her.

"So, uh, how long have you had this place?"

"13 years"

"And, uh, you wanna keep working here forever then?"

"Yes, never planned on doing anything else. How about yourself? You work?"

"Kinda"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"I'm in between jobs right now."

"Oh." She says a little startled.

After a little moment of silence, he tells her that he has to go back to his friends. She doesn't stop him. After they eat their dinner, they thank her for the food an walk out that door. Daryl takes a second look back and catches a glimpse of Marge who gives him another wink. And as he looks away, he catches another glimpse of something bright! The same thing! Shaking it off he thinks to himself "Man, I've gone bonkers!" And without another word, they take off. Next stop, Little Lake.

Ugh, yet another odd chapter. Maybe I'll get better:) One day it will happen!

Love, me.