"I saw Jeremy walk back to his home. He did it again?" Silver asked, walking up to us with a walking stick. Collin nodded.

"I swear, the next time he does that, he's subjected to imprisonment. Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah. Too close." I said, shivering a little.

"Hope it didn't ruin your mood. We've got a long day ahead of us. Let's move!"

We headed off into the woods. I could tell it was going to be a long walk. I tried to focus on my surroundings, but seeing green everywhere made me dizzy, so I focused on Silver. He walked as if he knew these woods. His walking stick was nice, too. It was beautifully carved and waxed. What was that at the top, a paw? It was a bear paw.

He stopped and swung his walking stick onto the ground. I heard a faint hiss.

"Snake. They're still out everywhere. Watch your step." He said, tossing it away with his stick.

I was used to snakes. Florida has the highest snake population than any other state. It wasn't unfamiliar to find snakes, but that one was small. I would've never seen it. I wonder how he saw it. It was a dark shade of brown, which matched the underbrush.

I pushed a branch out of my way. However he got there, it must've been hard to. How could he keep this all secret? What's he going to do, build a new civilization? He could if he tried; he's on the right track.

One of the runners pulled out his knife and stabbed at something. When I got closer, I saw it was an Infected. I needed to learn to actively listen. My ears never caught that.

It took about 45 minutes and some Infected for us to reach the wreck. The car was still in pieces. The debris was scattered about. Now that I saw what happened, I could see the door thrown off; that's why I wasn't injured when I was ejected. I was just thrown and fell on my back. We weren't even going that fast.

"Search the debris for anything useful." Silver said. "Ben, Mike, show me where the rest of the supplies is."

We pulled the bags out of a broken window and showed him. We found the waters and he assigned each person with a pack some of the food with some water. Some sunglasses were handed out to everyone while someone carried the rest. Silver found a pair of black and silver(no surprise there) shades that made him look cool and dangerous. When he saw the soda, he freaked out. It had been a long time since they had any soft drinks, and they acted as if they were dying of thirst.

"Now," he said, calming down, "Show me the rifle."

The rear end was broken where the trunk locked, probably from the crash. Ben pulled it up and stopped.

"It's gone." He said.

"Gone?" He asked.

"It was right here." I said. "We couldn't pick it up. It was here, I swear!" I said, freaking out.

"Calm down. I believe you. You had the scope. That was proof enough."

"Maybe it fell out." Ben said.

"It's not anywhere around here." Collin said. "Nothing but some scrap. Either it got thrown miles away, or..."

"Someone else was here." Silver said. He pulled up the busted hood and looked inside.

"Bingo." He said. "This is what we came here for." He pulled something and picked up the battery.

"Mike, your pack is almost empty." He said. "Can you carry it?"

"Sure." I said. I turned, and he slid it in. I almost fell to the ground when it slipped in.

"Sorry." He said, pulling up my backpack so I could stand. "We need to get out of here. I don't like it. Let's go."