"OK, you and Tobias, George and I! It would be awesome!".

"Wow, wow, wow, first of all, like I said, we're not official. I don't even really know what to call us right now.", I add. Yeah, what do we actually call ourselves now?

"So.....what exactly are you two, then?", Dad asks.

"I....I'm not sure. Damn.". I need to clear this with Tobias when I see him.

Everyone sits around the table and ponders on that thought collectively.

"Friends with benefits?!", Lisa shouts. Mum shoots her a glance, then another one at me.

"Like I said, we just kissed. Look, I'll clear this up with him and I'll give you guys a full report, OK?".

"That's the spirit, girl! Alright, I'm heading to the diner now. Opening a little bit earlier, wanna' catch the breakfast crowd. Can I expect you there today or are you gonna be busy drawing up a status report for us?", Dad asks, a serious face that no one takes seriously is plastered on.

I nudge him on the shoulder as he gets up, "Busy getting a full, detailed report. Every kiss. Every touch. Every-".

"Steph! Eww! What the f-heck is wrong with you?!", Lisa punches me in the arm.

"Lisa, language.", Mum adds as she begins clearing the dishes.

"Sorry.", she sneaks another sucker punch when I'm turned around. I swiftly reply.

___________________________________________________________________________________

It's almost 9am by the time we finish breakfast, Dad has left for the diner, Lisa for school and I'm walking aimlessly around my neighbourhood, just trying to clear my thoughts. I'm happy, definitely. At the same time, I have this uncomfortable feeling that Chris might, just might leak my secret out. I have to talk to both guys, urgently.

There's nothing you can do now, Steph. Relax. Class will start later on and you can sort it out. Relax.

I find myself wandering on the border of the woods between my housing area and the park that leads to a national park nearby. Hmm, tempting. No. Control yourself, Steph.

I decide to just go for a walk - as a human, this time. It's quiet out here. Not exactly the dead silence type of quiet but it's free from artificial noises. Just lots of chirping, twigs being crunched in the distance and bugs making a pleasant nuisance of themselves.

I keep walking when a deer jumps out in front of me. I nearly scream.

"Hey there.", I said.

It stares at me before trotting off, disappearing amongst the trees and foliage. I smile. If only I could follow you.

I check my watch. 10.15am. Time does fly when you're enjoying yourself. I make my way back to noise pollution and torturing two hour lectures.

____________________________________________________________________________________

 At campus, I bump into Rachel again as she's grabbing her coffee on the way to class. "Hey you!", she says. "Are you coming or not? This weekend? Vertigo? Everyone's going!".

"It's on a Saturday, isn't it?", I confirm.

"AGH! Wrong answer, babe. It's on a Friday. So you'll have the entire weekend to crash out. Coming? C'mon! We've never had the whole group together outside of campus before.", she stops in front of me and gives me her best impression of a sad puppy.

"Haha! You look like a dying puppy, Rach.". Well, the dinner with Lisa and George is on Saturday. I guess if I don't drink too much, I'll be fine by Saturday afternoon. "Yeah, sure. Why not?!".

"Awesome possum!", as she spanks my buttcheeks.

As soon as we get to class, pretty much everyone is seated. Rachel and I spot Christine, who's occupied picking on Daniel while Thomas is chatting with Tobias. I can't spot Chris, though. Must be late.

"Hey people. So miss-little-goody-two-shoes here has decided she's gonna' let her hair down on Friday night with us!", Rachel announces as she takes her seat, followed by me.

The group puts on their best faux-surprised expression.

"Oh no. She is going to be so. Wild, that we might have to make sure she drinks only two drinks and gets home in time.", Thomas adds in, complete with bad acting body language and speech pattern.

"Alright!! Listen here, Steph. We're gonna' get you so damn drunk you won't remember your last name when you wake up.", says Christine as she high-fives Rachel and the both of them nod at me.

Tobias looks over at me, and smiles. "Hey Rachel. Hey Steph. Great to know you're tagging along, Steph. You're gonna' have fun, don't worry about these muppets.".

"Muppets? This muppet can kill you.", as Daniel gives Tobias a noogie.

"Hey, anyone seen Chris? He's gonna' be late. Again.", Christine switches the topic.

"Yeah, man. I tried calling him this morning but there's no answer", adds Daniel.

All of us take out our phones and drop him a text or a call. After awhile, nothing comes back.

"Maybe he's passed out. It was ladies night at Wirez last night, anyway.", Thomas jokes.

All of us laugh it off and decide that's maybe the reason. Well, most of us. Something tells me Chris isn't passed out in his bedroom from a night of drinking.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Right after class, I find myself with the group frantically trying to reach Chris. No one's managed to get to him and he hasn't replied the previous few million text messages we dropped him.

"Anyone up to drop by his place? Just to make sure he's fine?", Daniel suggests.

"Yeah, I'm in.". "Sure.". "Definitely.". "I'm good to go.". Everyone looks to me for the final approval. "Let me just call my parents.", I excuse myself to drop Mum a text, explaining I'll probably be slightly late for dinner tonight. 

"Alright, ladies. Let's go", I quipped. 

We all bundle into each others' cars. Daniel and Rachel, Christine and Thomas, Tobias and I, as we head for Chris's place. Good, at least I get a bit of time to clarify things with Tobias. 

____________________________________________________________________________________