What else can wrong today, I think, laughing humorlessly to myself. I shift my gaze over to the reach for tissues I have somewhere in this car.

Look up, the lights red.

I spot it on the floor and look up to see if I have enough time to get it but all I see, is my life flash before my eyes.

*
You know, I never really believed in this whole outer body experience thing that happens when you die -or are about to die.

I have to admit that it's a scary feeling. You're all alone where no one can hear you and all you can do is watch.

I walk over to the commotion down the street, that I caused because I wasn't paying attention. I guess it isn't good to drive when you're emotionally unstable, huh?

The closer I get, the more scared I become. I'm about to see my own, possibly, dead body. That's not something you see everyday.

I stop to look at the car and wince. It's been flipped upside down and every window is broken. There's glass and a few blood stains everywhere. But do you know what I don't see? My body.

"-t seems like his body flung itself out of the window." A police officer states, standing right next to a paramedic. I take a calming breath, wrapping my arms around myself.

"How far was the body from the vehicle?" A reporter asks quickly.

The police officer cleared his throat. "About fifteen to twenty feet away. Measurements still have to be taken and verifi-"

Not wanting to hear the rest, I walk over to where there's three paramedics surrounding a body, my body. My steps start out slow, then gradually break out into a run.

I stand over the male paramedic, breathing heavily but to only gasp at what I see. My hand goes flying to my mouth, my breathing quickening as I take a couple of steps back.

Blood. That was all you saw when you take your first look at me. I don't even know if I'm breathing. Why aren't they taking me to the hospital?

I rush over to the female paramedic who seems to be in charge. Just as I approach the scene again, she speaks up. "We keep losing his pulse, so I suggest you two stop fooling around and get this boy to the hospital immediately!"

In under a minute, I was placed onto a stretcher and shoved into the ambulance. Taking one last glance at the damage I caused behind me, I get in the yellow vehicle just in time before it speeds off to the hospital.

After the ambulance got to the hospital, everything was a blur. Doctors were yelling at each other, telling them where to take me after hearing about my injuries.

Something about collasped lungs, a few broken ribs, a twisted ankle and a deep gash on my forehead. That's all I was able to catch before they started going all medical terms on me.

"Where's my baby!" I quickly spin around and find my mother rushing in, a doctor walking up to her. My heart aches at the sight of my mother who's crying hysterically. By her side, is her sister, my aunt, Arieña. The both of them have tears running down their faces, hair tied up in a messy bun and both sporting a broken heart.

I run up to the both of them who are now getting information about my condition. My hand goes and rests on my mothers shoulder as tears also run down my face. "I'll be okay, ma. I promise!" I give her a kiss on the cheek and run away, going to where I heard the nurse say my surgery is.

Making my way through the crowded hallways, my heart beats fast as my breathing increases with each step I take. Once I found the surgery room, I take a minute to catch my breath and go inside.