Prologue

Life sucks, and then you die. Yeah, sorry for the little Twilight quote there, but for me, it’s true. Life does really suck. Well, I guess it doesn’t really suck, but it’s complicated. How it’s complicated you ask? Well, if you’ve known someone for as long as you could remember, and you suddenly have feelings for him (or her) but you don’t know whether or not he (or she) likes you back, you just don’t say anything and just be friends. I’m having this problem right now.

His name is Cameron Michael Quiseng. He’s only two years older than me. I’ve known him since I was four and he was six; we used to be next-door neighbors and we’d always have play dates together. On my first day of kindergarten, he held my hand and sat next to me on the bus and escorted me to class every other day (since kindergarten wasn’t everyday). It became a habit and throughout first to fourth grade he escorted me to my class (since he had to move to middle school after sixth grade).

Once I reached middle school, Cameron already moved on to high school (ninth grade). I kept joking to him to be held back a year, but of course, he didn’t listen to me (insert tease here). Okay, enough of him. Let me tell you about me.

I’m an eighteen year old girl who just graduated from high school a month ago. I’m pretty much easy to get along. I’m smart; I got accepted into UCSD (University of San Diego) and plan on going there this fall. It’s also where Cameron is going, but that’s not why I want to go, just because he’s going there. I want to become a clinical psychologist, and San Diego has that, and plus, it’s closer to home. You’re probably all wondering what Cameron’s majoring: music. Yep, that’s right; Cameron Quiseng wants to become a successful musician when he gets older. It has always been his dream since he was young. He already has his own bass and his own band that he formed with three of his friends: Zachary David Porter, Nathan Shawn Darmody, and Michael Allan Martinez. They’re all the same age and in their second year in college. Zach goes to CS-Long Beach, Nate goes to CS-Santa Monica, and Mikey goes to UCLA. And of course, that leaves Cameron to UC-San Diego which you already know already.

Let me tell you more about Cameron Michael Quiseng. He was born on April 5; he just turned twenty this year. I was born exactly two years and one month later: May 5. But hey, I reached eighteen, right? Meaning I’m legal to date someone that is Cameron. Who am I kidding? I would never be good enough for my best friend. Of course, he never dated anyone before, which is surprising I know, but, that doesn’t mean he’d want to go out with me. I guess I’ll never know, unless if I directly ask him, “Hey, do you like me more than just a friend? Because I like you, a lot.” Yeah, that’d just be kind of awkward, especially if he said he doesn’t like me more than a friend.

Well, that is it for now. You’ll just have to wait to read the rest of the story.

Oh I almost forgot to tell you my name. It’s Kayla Ann Riley.