Prolouge

Prologue.

Silence.

If you listen to silence you'd say there's nothing there.

The absence of sound is what the dictionary says.

But is that really true.

If you listen closely to silence.

What would you hear?

The beating of one's heart?

The human hearing range is 20hz to 20000hz.

So what can't we hear?

What if there was something lurking in that silence?

What if that explained that random chill you'd have at home in the silence?

What if silence, wasn't silence at all.

What if silence...

The night sky watched over the foreign city as silence filled the air. That was if you didn't listen to that silence. To what seemed like silence was a mask. A mask hiding the hungry ghouls lurking in the shadows. The stomach rumbles for food, the silent sound of wailing. It was past curfew in this mysterious city, yet ghouls liked to wander around, to see if any human's were running late for curfew. Something common, because no matter how much you plan. How much you run, there's always that one person there. Footsteps batted onto the pavement as the young boy ran towards this house. His ears raking the silence in the air for any ghouls around. If he was lucky he'd get home, alive. However it seemed luck was not on his side, for as he kept his concentration to the things around him he never noticed what was beside. Both figures fell for the ground.

"Ahhhhh!" the boy screamed as a young girl ran into him,

"S-s-sorry" she cried out as tears filled the young girl's eyes, "It's past curfew and I think I saw a ghoul!" grabbing the boy's hand she began to run, pulling him with her.

"W-w-what?" the boy's voice whimpered as he ran with her as well; "W-wait, turn this corner we can go to my house!" the girl complied as the young kids sprinted towards the house. The boy felt a glimmer of hope as he was only a few feet in front of his home. That was until arrows pierced the ground blocking their path. Gas was released from the arrows.

"STOP!" the 16 year old screamed. Her arms covering her face as she backed away. Looking at her arms she found hexagon patterns appear, veins appearing on her pale skin. She found it hard to move her joints as she began to cough violently.

"What? Hey are you ok?" the boy shouted out to her, his body not even affected by the unknown gas. Soon realisation shook the young girls body as she stared in horror towards the gas. As the artificial fog deteriorated a figure lay in the fog. A 17 year old girl stood in the mist, onyx eyes locked onto the girl. She wore a black trench coat which had a belt wrapped around her waist, black tights covered the figures legs with black platform shoes covering her feet. Coal hair tied up in a high ponytail ending at the tip of her waist. Her face showed no emotion leading to a shiver to both the teens spines. When the mist fully cleared the mysterious character pointed her arrow towards the female girl.