Chapter 1 Alone and Broken

Peridot helicoptered away from the abandoned gem ship quickly, muttering to herself.
"Stupid Crystal Gems! And whatever a Steven is! First they destroy the kindergarten, then my ship...my escape pod...my robonoids. I don't even know what they did to Lapis and that massive clod Jasper. And on top of everything they have my foot!"

Peridot spy's what looks to be an abandoned house on a mountain side and goes in for a landing. Her helicopter hand takes a ton out of her and she can't do it for long. She tumbles to the ground in front of the door and crawls in, laying on the floor, exhausted.

"Aaaahhhhhhgggggg I wish I had my ship back! Or at least one of my robonoids...or Lapis..." She said quietly and dejectedly. She was actually quite fond of the blue gem. She looked stunning, she was really sweet sounding, adorable. Unfortunately, working as tech support for yellow diamond didn't teach you very many social skills, and Peridot had been doing that for all 200 years of her life. She had no friends, no real belongings, just her robots.

"Not that any of that matters!" Peridot said sadly, curling up. "After I got Jasper involved I ruined any chance I could possibly have had. She was so cruel to her...I just had to ask the questions I was supposed to..."

It dawned on Peridot how crushingly lonely she was. She was a young working class gem for one, not someone others try to associate with, and barely 200 at that. She never even met Yellow Diamond face to face, just saw her on screen. The first two gems she's really had contact with were Lapis and Jasper, both who were thousands of years older.

She curled tighter in her ball, trying to move her missing foot and failing. She looked at her arms sadly. Arms that have never been able to feel anything. After the Crystal Rebellion, Yellow Diamond had taken to placing a very small scratch on every new gem, causing them not to regenerate properly. Then she would remove any limbs that needed "improvement." Peridot didn't even remember what she was supposed to look like.

She felt her eyes sting with tears. "I-I've never felt anything but pain with my hands...I've never had a friend...I'm trapped on this miserable planet with nothing...my tech is gone...I'm alone..."

Peridot cried, a sensation she hasn't felt since they took her arms from her. She cried and cried, holding her knees. "I'm nothing...Yellow Diamond is just going to replace me. No one will come looking for me on their own. They won't miss me...I can't...I can't anymore."

She wept the whole night away, miserable at what life has given her. "I'm going to give myself up to the Crystal Gems...at least they are looking for me." She said sadly, knowing full well what was in store for her. Nothing but the tip of Pearl's spear tearing through her forehead.