Chapter 6

Her

I woke up to an unfamiliar ceiling. Where am I? What the hell happened? It took me a while to remember how awful last night was. I scrambled from the bed to get up when I realized that I am safe. They saved me. Well, Liam saved me. My attention went to the slight snoring from the couch. I stood up as slow and quiet as I could, careful not to wake him up. I decided to see who it is, although I already have a hunch. When I was already close enough to see who it was, I stopped and took a moment to appreciate his soft and lovely features. There's a crease on his brows and I had the urge to straightened it out but I willed against it. I took him in for a few more moments and felt my throat hurt. I am parched. I need a drink. I'm probably dehydrated.

I walked out of the room looking around for any signs of someone, there was none. I wandered around trying to find the kitchen to get a drink. This place is huge. When I finally found the fridge, I opened it to get water, but it was full of beer. I shook my head in disapproval. There's barely even food in here. Atleast, there are milk and juices. Otherwise he's just playing stupid trying to drown himself in alcohol. He took a bottle of water and closed the fridge. I decided to get a glass and put the water there. When I was about to drink it, I heard footsteps. It might be Liam. When I turned, the glass in my hand slipped and broke. In front of me is him, the owner of the house. He is half naked. His chest showing, his trousers so low that it's distracting. I couldn't stop looking at him. He is so perfect. I didn't realize that he's covered in tattooes. Despite the fact that he had ink all over his left arm and torso, he still looked very clean and decent. He was looking at me like I'm starting to piss him off, so I tried to say something.

"I'm..." I couldn't even continue whatever it is that I'm supposed to say.

He shook his head slowly and brushed his hair away from his face using his fingers. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"Uhm..." I couldn't even form an actual statement.

He rolled his eyes and walked towards me. I was still frozen in place. I wanted to move but for some reason, I can't. The next thing I know, I'm inches away from the shattered glass while he picks them out. He must have moved me without even me realizing it.

As soon as I realized how pathetic it is to be standing here staring at him, I tried my hardest to snap out of it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to break anything. You startled me." I said shakingly. I didn't know how he would react. He was already so annoyed last night. I hope he's in a better mood.

"So it's my fault then, yeah?" He asked without looking at me.

"NO!" I almost shouted. "I didn't mean it like that."

"Relax." He stopped me. "I was kidding." He said but there was obviously no humor on his face.

"I'm really sorry. I was so thirsty and I didn't want to bother Liam or you so I tried to get my own." I started babbling.

"Just.." He started to say when we heard another set of footsteps. Liam! Thank goodness.

"Morning!" He greeted us with his sweet sweet smile. Why can't this other guy be like Liam? He focused on me. "I was wondering where you went. You scared me. I thought you ran off. " he laughed a little. He looks so handsome.

I looked down. "I'm sorry for everything. I was thirsty and I didn't want to bother anyone so I tried to get my own. But..." I suddenly felt like crying.

I felt his hands on my back trying to reassure me. He has gentle touch. "Hey! It's okay. Don't worry about it." He said.

When I was about to say something, he interrupted me by shaking his head gently while smiling. He then pointed at him who has a sour expression on his face.

"It's too early for this shit!" He murmured.

Liam and I chuckled. Why is he so pissed this early? Maybe he is not a morning person. Obviously, Liam is.

"Glad you find me amusing!" He snapped at us.

Liam shook his head and smiled at me again. He mouthed don't mind him and I smiled. "What happened here?" He asked while looking at the broken pieces of glass. "You alright?" Worry flashes on his angelic face. I didn't realize that he's british too.

"She's okay, I'm okay. Everyone's okay." Tattooed man ranted.

"What's your problem?" Did I just say that out loud? Fuck! As soon as I realized what I did, I bite my bottom lip hard. I know that it's bleeding because I can taste the blood in my mouth but I couldn't let go.

"Feisty!" He said. "Didn't know you have it in you." He moved pass me and Liam.

"I didn't mean to be rude. You have just been grumpy and crude even to your friend so I..." I don't know how to defend my rudeness. Regardless of what my reason is, I'm still in no position to tell him off. I feel the tears as they blur my sight. As I was about to burst in full in sob, I felt a hand on my shoulder. It was touching me lightly and soothingly.

I looked up and met Liam's eyes. His face was inches away from mine. "Let go of your lip. They're bleeding." He then lift his other hand to help my tortured lips. He ever so lightly brushed his gentle finger on my lip and I let go. We both blushed and looked away. What the hell is that?

When I turned to look away, I met another set of eyes. They weren't as warm as Liam's but there's a different kind of intensity in them. He raised his brow as we continue with the staredown. I don't know why he hates me so much or if that's really the case. I looked straight into his eyes for a few more minutes and decided that it's going nowhere. I shrugged and look at Liam again.
"When are you leaving?" Tattooed man asked. I didn't have the guts to look at his probably grim expression this time.

Liam laughed awkwardly, "You ready to go?" He asked me.

"Yes, please." I replied and walked pass the rude man. I shook my very subtly. "May I go back to the room just to get my sweater?" I told him but refused to look him in the eye.

"Knock yourself out" he rudely remarked and left the kitchen.

"Don't mind him. He's not a morning person." Liam assured me.

I smiled. I moved and winced at the pain I felt everywhere. Why didn't I feel this earlier? I was probably too thirsty to notice. My hip, limbs, and nape hurt. I made up my mind, no matter how much pain I am in, I will not let Liam take to the hospital. I didn't realize that I've taken so much time, I came back to reality when I heard a light knock on the door then it opened.

"Hey! Is everything okay?" He slowly approached me.

I looked up and met his eyes, "Yeah but..." I stopped and let out a sigh. "Could you do me a favor? I know I already caused you and your friend a lot of trouble but..." I was out of breath. He smiled encouragingly. "Please don't take me to the hospital." I pleaded.

He seemed confused and lost for a moment, "I don't understand. Why?"

"I.." Think! You have to think of a not so lame excuse. "I'm scared of hospitals." I almost laughed at my stupid excuse.

He laughed softly. "O...kay. I'm sorry I don't mean to be rude. You're just so cute." We both blushed at the compliment. He shook his head lightly as if trying to brush the awkwardness off. "But."

"I'm alright! I swear." I told him.

"Fine. Under one condition." He said with firmness.

"Anything." I assured him.

He smiled a wicked smile. "Give me your name and number."

I held my breath.