Chapter Seven

A/N enjoy!

Scarlett had forgotten how nice it was to dress up. Instead of a dull ponytail, her hair was down and softly curled; her sweetheart neckline dress was tiny little bit too short but the purple and white floral print accentuated her creamy skin and her practically non-existent curves; her booties matched the light brown of her leather biker jacket. There was no weapons hidden in her white handbag. No bow and arrow to run to in the back of Stiles' Jeep. It was just Scarlett and her fantastically drawn eyeliner.

And whilst Scarlett had dressed to impress, Lydia had actually worn pants today. Scarlett almost had a heart attack.

Of course the confidence that had been granted to her by the eyeliner gods had shrivelled once the Pack had huddled behind the buses to discuss Tracy, Kanima 2.0. And it had completely disappeared when she'd noticed Liam. He did seem gobsmacked by her sudden revamp of her clothing and her hair certainly looked better than his, which looked as if he hadn't bothered brushing it this morning. Bonus points for the fact that Scarlett could cover her under eye circles with concealer and he couldn't.

Scarlett stayed as far away from him as possible, standing on the opposite side of the circle between a concerned Scott and an excited Mason.

Lydia turned towards the group. "Tracy wasn't just having trouble sleeping. It was a real disorder. She was having night terrors."

"Well, now she's the night terror especially since no one can find her," Stiles said unenthusiastically. Scarlett noticed with interest that Malia looked rather stiff with Stiles' beside her.

"Not helpful," Scarlett said.

"Look, guys, I know we're all tired and miserable," Scott started. He stopped and turned towards enraptured Mason. "Except for you."

It took a moment for him to realise Scott was talking to him. Mason's elbow slid off the side of the bus and he scrambled to reply happily. "Oh, I'm sorry. This is all just mind blowing." Liam rolled his eyes so hard they might have fallen out of his skull and Stiles had an odd, turtle-looking expression. Mason gestured to Kira. "You're a kitsune. I don't even know what that is!"

Kira responded uneasily, "I'm still learning."

Scarlett couldn't help but laugh a little. Out of all the reactions to the Big Truth, this one was by far the most entertaining.

"Stop encouraging him," Liam scolded her. Scarlett glared.

"Liam, we said you could tell him, not invite him to the inner circle," Stiles said, thoroughly annoyed.

"Yeah, Liam," Scarlett said sassily. There was a sick satisfaction in watching him get chewed out. Oh My God, I have the emotional maturity of a thirteen year old boy.

"I'm in the inner circle?!"

"No," Liam and Stiles said together.

"Yeah, you only get that special privilege after you've almost been murdered three times," Scarlett said. She clapped him on the back. "Don't worry, though. You're a third of the way there."

"Don't scare him," Liam scolded again.

"Don't tell me what to do," Scarlett said fiercely.

"Liam's right," Malia said aggressively.

Scarlett raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow. "What's the hell's your problem, Sister Christian?"

"My problem is that you're sleeping with my boyfriend. I haven't slept properly all weekend."

"What?!" Stiles, Scarlett, Liam and Scott all exclaimed together.

"You're sleeping with Stiles?" Liam asked, equal parts confused and upset.