Chapter 2... I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me!

The bleeding has stopped now and I can pick up the rest of the pieces. The glass reminds me of my relationship with Josh for some reason. It's like I'm picking up the pieces to my heart, instead of the glass because every piece I pick up I can't help but pair each piece to a reason why I feel like I'm loosing my mind along with my relationship.

          I wonder what's going to happen if this continues. What if we have kids? Will he abuse them also? NO! I can't let that happen. I can't be an accessory to child abuse. I won't.

          "What's taking so damn long, Brittney?" Josh screams from the other room instead of coming to see if I need help like any normal boyfriend would do. "Come on, I want you to watch t.v. with me!" he shouts and then turns up the volume so I can hear what he's watching.

          He's watching our favorite show that we always watch together, but now I don't think I want it to be our show anymore. I wish I could just go to sleep and forget that this whole thing happened, but now I have this scar forming on my wrist and I regret it. "I'm coming, hold on. I have to throw the glass away really quick and I'll be in," I say like nothing's wrong and I haven't just been abused or self mutilated. I need to just act like everything is fine, it's probably for the best.

          As soon as I finish throwing the glass away, I slowly walk into the living room where I see Josh spread out on the couch having the time of his life. While I'm here in this house, scared for my life, and debating on whether or not to leave him. "Okay, sorry it took so long babe," I whisper just in case he's sensitive to words or something right now. "What did I miss?" I say normally.

          "Nothing, now be quiet I'm trying to listen," he say in an annoyed tone. He turns up the volume once again to the fullest extent of its abilities. Then he turns his head towards mine and sees the pain in my eyes. "Oh, come on!" He shouts and then throws the remote across the room and it shatters into a million pieces. "Now what?" He bursts as he throws his hands in the air like a crazy man.

          "I, nothing. I'm okay, really," I say with my head still starring at the floor. I'm afraid to make eye contact with him. What if I look at him wrong? Am I doing something wrong by not looking at him? Oh God! What am I supposed to do? He's acting like a whole different person and I don;t know how to treat someone that I don;t even know.

          "Get up!" He says normally this time while grabbing hold of my arm pulling me to my feet. I never experienced his strength like this before. I shield my face like I'm getting ready for him to beat me again, but instead of feeling the pain of a punch, I feel the brush of his lips on mine.

          "I'm not going to hit you," He whispers. "Here, hug me." He engulfs me into his body and for a split second I feel the man that I knew. The man who said he would never hit me or disappoint me, but obviously those were just words and I'm a fool for believing them. So right now I'm just going to embrace this moment just in case there's never another one.