Prologue

"Come on Matt, you're my only hope. She would never take me back after what happened."
Nathan rubbed the back of his neck and slumped into a royal blue couch, sighing heavily. He looked up at his cousin pleadingly, and then shook his head, afraid of the answer.

"You're only going to make this worse man, I'm telling you."

As Nathan spoke, his voice grew louder, "But I love this girl, I'm sure of it. What I did was a mistake. If I make her fall for me again, it could work!"

"Chill, I get it," Matthew sighed exasperatedly.

"I just need your help," Nathan lowered his voice.

"This is a dangerous game you're playing, and I can't say I agree with your plan," Matthew shook his head and crossed his arms, "But okay, I'll help you."

Nathan jumped up at his cousins words. Now that he and another chance, he wouldn't mess it up. He felt desperate, and he knew that Alexis could never take him back after she found him with her best friend. Alexis had always told Nathan that cheating was something she could never forget.

But after the argument they had had, something had come over him. The words she said were threatening, as if she had given up on him and wanted to leave. Nathan decided that he would beat her to it, hurt her before she hurt him and make it easier for her by giving her a reason to let go. But the moment he had seen her doe shaped tear-lined eyes and the expression on her face as she stood at the door, he regretted it. Her eyes told him that nothing was too much for her, she could have handled anything, his temper, his irrational behavior. She would have stayed with him through anything but that. Alexis stood there for a few seconds, mouth half open and hands trembling, then averted back to reality and left the room.

Nathan knew he should've followed her and he wanted to, but saw no point, he could not think of the right words to say. The fear and anger had simmered down but was quickly replaced by guilt. He wanted desperately to hold his golden girl, make her forget, feel her heartbeat against his chest and stroke her beautiful wavy hair. He knew that she would forgive him, she was just that type of person, never holding a grudge. But nothing would ever make her forget what she had just seen and the pain he had caused.

After a few days, Alexis had called. Nathan couldn't bring himself to give her a reason for his actions; upsetting Alexis even more. She told him how she felt, and that it was time to move on.

Nathan had expected those words, he had a sliver of hope but wasn't surprised to hear that she wanted to end their relationship. He was used to people leaving, but it hurt so much because he had brought it upon himself. So now, Nathan would fix it. A life without the girl who made him feel like something, other than a disappointment to his family just seemed too bleak.

Author's note:
Please note that only chapter 1/25 has been edited properly. I'm editing 1-2 chapters every week.
Thank you for your support and patience x