Chapter 2- Concert

I walked out of the air port a few minutes later (after getting my luggage) and waited for a cab to pass by. Finally I caught one and I loaded my bags into the trunk and got in and gave the driver the address to the apartment complex that the apartment my parents had bought for me while I was in college was. They had promised to pay for it until I got out of college and then I was supposed to come home and they would stop paying. Once we I got there and had all my things in my room I pulled out the piece of paper Yu had given me at the air port. To be honest it had been the most popular thing in my mind all the way here.

I unfolded it and saw a ticket of some sort. Inside the folded ticket was another piece of paper. I opened it up and read it.

Hey,

I made sure to put a backstage pass with the ticket if you want to come, all the information is there. Hope to see you there tomorrow night!

- Yu Phoenix

Personally I was shocked and honestly I had never even given it a second thought that I would never see him again. I looked at the ticket for the first time closely and saw that it was a concert ticket for Cinema Bizarre tomorrow night at the venue that was only about hour’s walk away from the apartment. (I only knew it was an hour’s walk away because I had a map of Berlin and I had looked it over the night before leaving New York).

I smiled and folded the papers back. I began to unpack not even having to think twice about going.

~

I frantically searched for something to wear to the concert and finally decided on checkered skinny jeans and a blood red tank top with black lines and swirls on it. I did my makeup and straightened my hair then looked at the time. Eight fifteen and the concert was at nine thirty. Even though it was fifteen minutes earlier than I really need to leave I decided to go ahead and start walking to the venue making sure to grab my pocket knife for protection. I knew it was against the law (in the US anyways) to carry any kind of weapon without a permit but I wasn’t going to be the girl caught walking down the street without protection.

~

When I finally reached the venue it was near dark (it was summer in Berlin and the days are longer and nights are shorter just like anywhere else). I saw a large crowd gathering around the venue and I looked at my phone and saw that it was only nine twenty. I pulled out my pass and hung it around my neck like the other people who had them had done and stood in line and began the wait for the concert to begin.

Ten minutes went by quick as the gates were opened and everyone rushed in. To say I was pushed would be an understatement as we crowded into the main part of the venue. I watched silently as the lights dimmed and excitement rushed through my body as everyone started screaming and jumping, it was all so thrilling. It was even better when they all walked on stage (I was in the front row) as I looked back and saw what looked to be hundreds, maybe thousands of people.

I looked back up at the stage and at Cinema Bizarre and saw all of them for the first time. I was easily able to place Yu and Kiro and somehow I was able to catch Yu’s eye and he smiled slightly but not enough for anyone to place me as the one he was smiling towards. Seeing the entire band together I could easily see all of them being together, it just fit. They made the band Cinema Bizarre, it wasn’t just a name it was them.

The singer announced that they would perform the song Silent Place first and almost as soon as they started playing I loved it. I didn’t know the song and I have never heard it before in my life but I screamed and jumped just as loud and just as high as anyone who had heard it before. It only took a few seconds of hearing them play to fall in love with the music.