Prologue

Prologue

Location: Pentagon, Earth

Date: June 25th, 2020

Time: 3:00pm EST

"Sir, we have all the world leaders on the screens." The tech said to the quiet room.

Sitting up, the statuesque man in uniform sets down his cigar and looks at the screens before beginning his speech. "Ladies and gentlemen, I have called this meeting to pass on some dire news. Most of you are probably wondering what could be so dire that I would call this meeting between friends and foes alike. But at this point all of that is meaningless. So, I called this meeting of the leaders of all the world and all of your leaders of your militaries." Taking a deep breath, he pauses. "In ten years, Earth will be dead. I mean that every living thing on this planet will be dead. Today our scientists have finished their survey of all elements involved and have pronounced that there is no way to curb this doomsday. We cannot buy ourselves any more time. In ten years, everything will die. I have the lead scientist here to brief you."

Motioning to the man to his left letting him take over. "Ladies and gentlemen, I will get right into it. Our consumption of natural resources, our nuclear bombs, and the rising global warming have caused massive damage to this world. We have concluded that our geomagnetic field is failing and with the chemicals in the air causing holes in our ozone, our nuclear materials in failed nuclear power stations and the waste we pump into our oceans and water sources, have led to this point. In five years, we will have problems finding clean water, the rain will turn acidic. In seven years, all plants will be dead. In eight years, the animal life will be dead. In nine years, humans will be dead, if not sooner. In ten years the last of all microbial life will be dead. This planet will lose its ozone and the planet will become a brown lifeless planet. Now before all the questions start; let me explain a few things. One, there is nothing we can do period. If we had come to this conclusion 20 years ago we might have been able to stop it, but it is too late we have already entered the downward spiral. We cannot save earth."

There is a banging on one of the screens "Then what the hell can we do? You call us to tell us that we are dead. ..."

The scientist holds up his hand "We do something to save as many as we can. The science community have been throwing around ideas, and we came to one impossible choice. Not everyone will like it, but it is the only feasible solution that we came up with."

"Well out with it"

The scientist looks at everyone "We give our hope to the next generation." The scientist sighs "We will start this ASAP with the choosing of astronauts from all countries. They will be launched into space in the many AI-manned craft looking for a new home world. During Exploration, they will be put into cold sleep. The AI will wake the crew when they find a likely candidate, if it is a good world they will pop a beacon to let future ships know they have found a good location. After the exploratory crafts are launched; we will begin construction on massive arks. In these arks we will have AI pilots, then we will load the ships with knowledge banks of all that we have. We will also load it with the latest survival gear and the equipment needed to build a safe place on the new world after that we will put in cold sleep pods in the rest of the space in these pods we will put all of the younger generation in to them to sleep so that they can start over and learn from our mistakes the scientist have said that the best age range would be between 5 to 25. Over than that and there would be no point in sending them is the world has a stronger or weaker gravity between those ages the people we send could potentially acclimate to the new gravity or any number of things. We as the older generation must now look to the future of our species and give them the best hope of surviving."