From hate to like

Începe de la început

Your tone had become like ice and your eyes were now burning angrily into his. Draco stared at you, surprised. To be perfectly honest, he hadn't expected you to say anything like that to him, ever. He had always taken you as that shy, sensitive girl that no one really noticed.

Apparently, he was wrong.

You stared at him with a straight face, now surprisingly confident.

"If you can think of one reason to legitimately hate me, without using the excuse of my race as a reason, then you can go. But for now, I challenge you to tell me why you hate me."

Draco stared at you with his mouth open. He couldn't think of any legitimate reason to hate you, honestly he couldn't. Now that he really thought about it, he only found reasons to like you. He suddenly liked the fact that you were so nice to everyone, even to him when you two first met. He found that he liked the fact that you were so patient with people, even if they gave you the hardest of times. Somehow, he even liked it when he would see you defending yourself against someone who had made racist remarks at you or said anything rude to you at all.

Draco's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as his gaze hit the floor. Now that he thought about it, he found that he liked the fact that your hair always looked so soft. And in the light it looked even softer, silky smooth in fact. He found that he liked how your smile could always make someone else smile, even though you hardly showed your teeth in a smile. He found that the way you carried yourself was with confidence, even though you were extremely quiet and he really liked that.

Within a matter of minutes, his whole perspective on you changed. Suddenly, he didn't hate you. He actually liked you. Really liked you.

Draco lifted his head up and faced you, where you were waiting patiently for an answer.

"I got nothing..." he trailed off softly.

You smirked. "See? That wasn't so hard was it?"

He chuckled and looked into your eyes. "No, I guess it wasn't."

You nodded and sat there, unsure of what to say next.

However, Draco spoke up again.

"I'm sorry I've been so rude to you." he gave you a shy smile.

You smiled back at him. "It's okay. Forgive and forget, right?"

He smiled at you a little wider, his eyes taking in your wondrous appearance.

"Yeah...forgive and forget..." he trailed off, still looking at you.

You noticed him staring and started to blush while nervously tucking some hair behind your ear.

"What are you staring at?" you asked him.

He gulped a bit and leaned forward so that his elbows were on his knees, but he was still staring at you.

"You." he responded quietly.

"Do I have something on my face?" you giggled out.

He gave you a side smile. "No. I just think you're really pretty that's all."

You widened your eyes slightly and swallowed quickly.

"O-oh..." you stuttered, "Thanks..."

Draco clasped his hands together and looked at you nervously. The question he was about to ask you was taking a big risk on his part, but somehow he wanted to do it anyway.

"(Y/N) I uh...I know this is going to sound really weird right now, but um...You uh, wanna go out sometime? Y'know with me?" he asked hopefully, his heart now pounding.

You raised your eyebrows at him.

"You went from hating me to wanting to take me out on a date that quick?" you joked.

He let out a small laugh and stood up, walking over to your bed and sitting next to you.

"I know. It's uh, it's a little weird. But I do actually like you..." he trailed off.

You stared at him, waiting for him to finish his sentence.

He suddenly turned his torso to face you, taking one of your hands in his.

"Look, go out with me one time. One time. If you don't like it, then we can never speak of it ever again and just be friends instead. Okay? One date, that's all I'm asking."

You sighed and stared at him for a bit. Now that you thought about it, he was pretty cute. And he did seem to like you. Might as well take the chance, right?

"Okay." you said, smiling at him.

He raised his eyebrows and smiled at you.

"Okay, I'll go out with you." you said, a little louder this time.

He smiled widely at you and gave you a quick peck on the cheek.

Draco walked out of your room with your hand in his, where your friends waited for a sign that everything had gone well with you two.

It did.