The Year of The Lupine

It had all begun in the year of the lupine- when all lamented and withered in the wintery blisters of life. A single wolf had blossomed from the ice and burgeon into what would later be renowned as 'Alpha'. Here- located deep within Montana, surrounded by the unkind Rocky Mountains, is where the adventure begins. Here- is where a lone male of the grey wolf family prospered.

"I don't blame people for their mistakes, but I do ask that they pay for them." - JP.

Chapter 1-

The rather large male sat with great patience, letting the flow of the near iced over river tumble foistly into his protruding ears. He lazily blinked his lids upon his limited spectrum hues as he glanced around the current environment. The world seemed so dim, and for great reason- when as far as your pupils could reach were always scattered with a pure white terrain. For a wolf such as this male, it seemed all to aggravatingly familiar. He had gone months without contact within his own species, and each day vociferated more then the last.

During the first few days of being catastrophicly separated from his original pack, Basilio, had attempted to fearlessly and rapidly track his loved ones in spite of the surreal danger. Beyond a week he had howled countlessly every night, and near the ending of the first month of being Rouge he had soon acted the part. He had to be strong, and grow up much sooner than anyone had intended. The male lived off scraps for as long as he possibly could- being as he was far to young to hunt big game and to inexperienced to hunt even the littlest of creatures, and soon worked his way up as best as he could manage. 

The real test of life had yet to take full affect.

Basilio had shifted slightly from his previous position in hopes of soothing the cramped muscles in his hind quarters. He let out a dull, yet satisfied huff in return. The snowfall increased immensely with every ticking second, but it hadn't pushed the male to move even a fraction of a hair into the wooded dwellings. He was quite capable of bathing in the frigid sleet due to his heavy set stature, and heat sustaining coat. Though he much preferred the shelter of a semi-insulated cave, or hollowed out Limber Pine trunk if acquirable. With that questionable acumen among many other things alongside the wolf's intellectual state- he unwinded and arose from his reclining locality.

The quest towards conquering and quite possibly inhabiting a safe refuge began once more for this unwilling nomad- may the journey begin.