Chapter One: Unexpected Arrivals

Yay, the first real chapter of Kamelot. I hope you enjoy!

Part One:

November 254 New Numerals

until

January 255 New Numerals

“This is what makes us girls:

We don’t look for heaven and we

put our love first.”

-Lana Del Rey

Chapter One: Unexpected Arrivals.

The arrow sprinted out of my bow and dived into the haystack.  My hands that were clutched around the bow relaxed and I moved them downwards. Then I heard soft clapping from behind me. I turned around, surprized. He stepped out of the shadows and said: “Good work Gen. Kept on practicing?” I dropped the bow that instance.

“Lance! You’re back.” I rushed towards him and wrapped my arms around his neck.  He laughed. “That’s one enthusiastic welcome. Why did I deserved it?” I stood back, also smiling. “I haven’t seen you in three weeks. May I ?”  He shrugged. “I’ve got no offence, but one hint. That was a lucky shot, your arms weren’t straightened enough.”

“I know. It was the worst from today.” “How is that possible? You, taking advice without complaining?” I walked back to the haystack and pulled the arrow out. “I knew it was a lucky one. When you just point out what I already know, I’ve got no problems. How was hunting season?” “Not bad, but it could have been worse, definitely.”

“Is Arthur also back?” I asked. “I mean, last year,  a few of them stayed.” I positioned the arrow and aimed for the haystack again. “Yes. They are not so stupid to stay, even they do not want to freeze to death.” I rolled my eyes. “How do they know that it’s going to be so bad anyway? I don’t they didn’t thrust the ‘magicians’?”

He stepped behind me and also grabbed the bow and arrow, leading me into the right direction. “They claim they don’t, but they are just too afraid to not believe them. And let go,” he said and I let go. The arrow dived straight through the haystack and right through the open window that was hidden behind it, into the kitchen.

I heard screaming maids and dropping pans. Then the angry voice of Holly, our cook: “Lancelot and Genevieve Sachenberg, if you don’t get down here this instance!” I hit Lance that immediately. “I forgot about that window, you jerk!” He smiled. “If we don’t run now, we’ll get arrested by Holly.” Then Holly’s voice, yelling at full volume: “I can hear you. Better wait till your father hears about this young lady. And Lancelot, I have still got a lot of chores to be done!”

“Run?” I said, smiling. “Better,” and I dropped the bow and rushed to the gates. We ran through them and into the city. All shops were open, since it was just after harvest and the streets were full of people.  “Sorry!,” I yelled constantly and jumped over all sorts of obstacles.  Lance caught up with me easily.

“You became slow, cousine.” I ran even faster, trying to avoid bumping into someone. “Never,” I laughed and turned my face back to the street, but that stall with cloths was just too close and I bumped into it, my entire body covered in cloths, my back against the wood of the stall. I threw the cloths of me and said to the woman behind it: “I am so incredibly sorry.”

“It’s okay chéri,” I heard her say. Wait, only one person called me like that. “Alison, you’re back.” I said, surprized, looking at the middle-aged woman from Nosque. “Yes, and apparently you as well, seeing you bumping into my merchandise.” “I have gone nowhere in the summertime.”“Really. And, does it as if you would be needing me anytime soon?”