Chapter thirty five

ROSE

"Wait, so are you telling us that you are no longer a halfbreed?" Joseph asked, sounding amazed.

"Well, if me turning into a wolf and wolfsbane having more of an effect on me than it did before means I'm not a half breed any more than, yes." I was in Blake's room, laying on my left side on his bed and Jasmine had called the pack Doctor and she cleaned up my wound.

Blake was holding my hand the whole time I said this, not saying a word. I looked to him and he look like he was thinking really hard.

"What are you thinking about baby?" I asked, putting a hand on the side of his face.

"How are you a full werewolf now? Only one of your parents was a werewolf..." He trailed off.

"I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with you marking me. I just had to get pissed off enough to shift." I shrugged my shoulders like it was no big deal.

"Did it hurt? When you shifted." Joe asked.

"No. It felt like my bones were always meant to go that way." I gave Blake a reassuring smile. "I was sore after I shifted back though, my body just wasn't used to it. My wolf had a lot to say on the matter as well" I quietly laughed.

"All done." The pack Doctor said as she pulled down Blake's shirt that I was still wearing.

I slowly sat up with Blake's help. My muscles were sore all over. "I feel like I could sleep for years." I grumbled as I stretched out my limbs.

"Well I'm going to go down to the guys and tell them I'm okay." I sighed, not wanting to leave the comfort of the bed and Blake's arms.

"The guys?" Jasmine asked, confused.

"Oh! Blake we forgot to tell her." I said looking at Blake worriedly.

"Rose has nine brothers and sisters all waiting on our porch." Blake said bluntly. Wow, way to sugar coat it.

"Why didn't you tell me before!" Jasmine said. "They must be starving!" She ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. I couldn't help but laugh at Jasmine and her cooking.

"Come meet them." I said to Joe as I started to walk down the stairs.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay in bed, Rose?" Blake said wearily.

"You need to rest, Rose." The doctor chimed in. "I'll slow you to get things settled here but your body has need through so much in the past few weeks, you'll push yourself too far if you keep going like this.

I nodded, "I understand." I said calmly.

The doctor walked out of Blake's room and I could hear her leave the house.

I began to walk out the door myself when Blake pulled me back. "Please don't push yourself, love." He whispered, kissing me on my forehead.

"I just got you back, why would I go and risk it?" I said with a small laugh. I could feel my body already starting to heal the gash in my side. I knew it would scar. Along with my second bullet scar on my left shoulder blade and my first one above my right collarbone.

I snaked my arms around Blake's torso and squeezed him to me, my head resting on his chest. I breathed in deeply, I hailing his scent. I instantly felt calm and safe feeling his arms right around me. "I'm so glad I didn't lose you." I whispered, my voice high from trying not to cry.

"I will always be with you, I promise." He said sincerely.

I reached up on my tippy toes and kissed him in the lips, living the feel of my lips on his. I've missed this so much. We then broke apart and headed downstairs towards my siblings, needing to talk to them about where they're going to stay.