one

"Goodbye." He placed his lips against mine, letting them linger there for a couple minutes. Tears were falling down my cheeks, this was the last time I'll see him for who knows how long. He's gone. He's leaving. I just wish he would never have to leave me, but not all my wishes can come true. Right?

I took one last look at him before he got into his car with his family. He's gone. He's not coming home, to me ever. I know that I'd miss him. I stood there on the curb as tears washed down my face watching his family's Volvo descend down the street. I wiped my tears trying to prevent any more from coming, but they just kept spilling out. He was gone, that was it. He and his family were off to bigger and better places, helping kids in Africa for who knows how long he'll ever be gone. And as for me, I'll be here, packing my bags to move from Massachusetts to New Jersey. A new place for me to start sophomore year. I get to leave everyone behind because my parents want a fresh start because they're tired of living here for 15 years.

I wiped my tears one last time before walking down the street to my house. He's gone, I thought one last time. I can't call him when I'm sad, I can't go to his house when my parents are fighting, I can't escape to wonderland as he liked to call it, while my two older brothers are off sucking faces with every person with two legs and a vagina. I have to start over. All over. New fights for my parents. New girls for my brothers. And a new wonderland for me to find. And a new person to be my home.