Chapter 30

Bella's POV

I woke up the next day, not really feeling like going to school--but who is? I had to get up though. People probably new about the breakup by now. I hadn't changed my status to 'single' yet because it never really came to mind. I shouldn't change it though. I'm gonna give Sam a chance to come to his senses.

I got ready for school, trying my best to look decent and not like i've been crying all night long. I put on a lacy red shirt with my dark wash shorts and my red sandals. I straightened my hair today and put on sunglasses. My eyes were so puffy and red from crying. I couldn't let people see me like this. 

I grabbed a granola bar from the bowl in the middle of the counter and headed out the door. I was late for school but i actually was glad to be late. At least no one would see me in the halls. I could do cartwheels if i wanted to...but now's not exactly the best time to celebrate.

I got my books from my locker and went to class, still wearing my sunglasses. I probably looked stupid wearing them in school, but who cares? I don't need to look pretty for anyone anymore.

"Ms. Moronno, you are late." my teacher said.

"I know. Sorry. I had troubles getting here."

"Just don't let it happen again. Take a seat." he gestured to my chair.

I sat down and looked across the room. Sam sat by the window today. He usually sat by me. I miss the times where he would throw crumpled pieces of paper at me with secret notes on them. I miss how he would pretend to drop his pencil just so he could lean over and tell me that he loves me. But what i missed the most was when he would sneak up behind me, cover my eyes, and give me a huge kiss on the lips. 

I would do anything to just be in his arms one last time.

I could feel Sam's eyes on me. When I turned my head, he quickly looked away. I thought of his cruel words last night. Is it true that he doesn't love me anymore?

I don't care. I still love him and that's all that matters. If only he had listened to me. Maybe everything would've been okay.

In class today, we had to present our short essays. Since this was Spanish class, we had to say it in Spanish. The topic was 'If I could go back in time, I would..." and we would have to finish the sentence.

A girl named Jessica went first.

She cleared her throat and said, "Si pudiera volver atrás en el tiempo, sería cuando mi hamster mascota seguía vivo."

(If I could go back in time, it would when my pet hamster was still alive.)

The class applauded and then went silent again. Another girl named Skylar went next. 

"Si pudiera volver atrás en el tiempo, yo no he tenido relaciones sexuales con Toby."

(If I could go back in time, I wouldn't have had sex with Toby.)

I forgot to mention--she's a major slut.

The teacher looked mortified but didn't say anything about it. She skipped back to her seat and acted like what she just said wasn't traumatizing to the rest of us.

It was Jarrad's turn.

"Si pudiera volver atrás en el tiempo, que cambiaría el hecho de que yo besé otra muchachos novia en mi fiesta."

(If I could go back in time, I would change the fact that I kissed another guys girlfriend at my party.)

Ohmigod! Is he seriously talking about me?!? I looked at Sam. He gave me a disgusted look and turned away. I felt horrible...and embarrassed. Everyone knew that it was me.