part 2

briars pov

I took a deep breath, knowing that what I say next is going to affect our friendship forever. "I um, I-I really like you," I stammered, terrified of his reaction. Myles walked up to me and grabbed both my hands. "I really like you too Briar." We leaned in for another kiss when someone interrupted.

"Hey Myles! Oh, sorry am I interrupting something?" Abi said, smirking at me.

"Nope, not at all," I said, laughing awkwardly as I ran out of the room. I stopped at the changeroom, absolutely ecstatic. Myles likes me back.

-

myles pov

"Hey Abi," I greeted as she walked towards me.

"So, you and Briar?" she teased, a smirk on her face.

"Whaat, no," I shrugged trying to play it cool. But on the inside, I was so happy, I wanted to jump around. Now I could ask Briar to be my girlfriend. I smiled at the thought.

"Awww, your smiling," she said.

"Whatever."

"Okay so the real reason I came to talk to you is that I just wanted to make sure that were just friends, because it may have seemed like you had a bit of a crush on me and I don't feel the same way, sorry. But I don't have to do that anymore because you and Briar just confessed your undying love for each other, so instead I wanna ask you about what Briar would want for her birthday. It's coming up right?"

"First of all, it was not a crush I thought you were pretty," I joked, making the both of us laugh. "And yes, it is. And i have a great idea."

"Share!" Abi squealed, cracking me up.

"Okay, why don't we throw her a surprise party?"

"Thats a really good idea, I'll go get everyone after class and we can discuss how this is gonna work."

"Cool, thanks Abi."

"No problem! I'm so excited. I love parties! And surprises!"

And with that, she ran out of the room.

-

Dec. 27th, Briars Birthday

briars pov

I woke up at 9:45, eager to check my phone for birthday messages. I only had 1 text. And it wasn't even a birthday message. It was a text from Jessy. It read;

hey bri! my mom was talking about this restaurant and i really wanna try it out. come with it will be fun! dress casual but not too casual, i'll pick you up at 12! jes x :)

I quickly responded with an okay and went to take a shower. I couldn't believe I didn't get one happy birthday. I guess I'll let it slide, everyone's probably asleep, I thought. I hopped out of the shower, brushed my teeth, hair and threw on a pair of running shorts and a tank top. I walked downstairs to get some breakfast. There was a note on the counter. It read; me, your father and Abbey went out for brunch. we didnt want to wake you so we left breakfast on the counter for you. -mum xx

My family forgot my birthday? Wow. I quickly ate and ran back upstairs. I picked out a white v-neck t-shirt dress and tied a red flannel around my waist. I put a jean jacket on top so I wouldn't be too cold. I straightened my long blonde hair and put on red lipstick, mascara and eyeliner. I put on my white hightop converse and waited by the door. When Jessy and her mom pulled up I hopped in the car, expecting a happy birthday I didn't receive.

At lunch, Jessy was being kind of weird and she didn't even say happy birthday. Actually, no one did. I couldn't believe it. I was trying not to get angry, but it was really hard.

"Oh by the way, we need to stop at the studio first. Allain needs to talk to us," Jessy blankly stated.

Once we arrived at the studio, I hopped out of the car and walked in. I could barely look at Jessy. We walked into studio A. All of a sudden, the lights turned on, and everyone from CDC and my family yelled "Happy Birthday!" I was so shocked. The studio looked beautiful, my favourite colours were all over the room. I was convinced everyone had forgotten that I was turning 17. I explored the room in amazement, my eyes wandering to one person in general. Myles. "Thank you everyone!" I exclaimed, not breaking eye contact with him. Everyone dispersed, knowing who I wanted to talk to. I ran up to him with a huge smile on my face, giving him the biggest hug I could give. "Thank you so much," I mumbled, my face buried in his chest. "No problem babe," he smirked. I let go of him, walking towards my family. On my short walk, I received many, many birthday wishes. As I started talking to my family, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. My 17th birthday was a lot better than I thought.

-

myles pov

I sighed, nervous about what I was about to do next. As I poured myself a glass of punch, Abi approached me. "Look, people are starting to leave so you have to do this like, now," she stated. "I know, it's just-"

"Myles, shes gonna obviously gonna say yes. Just go for it!" she said, pushing me onto the little mini-stage we put up I grabbed the mic, beginning my speech.

"Hello everyone! I just wanted to take the time to say thank you for coming today and for being great guests! Me and my friends worked really hard to pull this off, and thankfully it was a success!" I glanced at Briar, who was listening intently, a small smile on her face. My eyes found their way to Abi, who was doing crazy hand motions and mouthing "do it" over and over. I took a deep breath, mustering up enough courage.

"One more thing before you go do your own thing. Briar, could you come up here?" She made her way up, expecting me to hand her the mic so she could thank everyone, but that's not what happened. "I have to ask you something," I said. Already there were girls gasping. "Go for it," she replied, completely clueless. "Okay, Briar, will you be my girlfriend?" The crowd gasped, awwed, and squealed. I watched as she ran up to me and hugged me, yelling yes. Everyone cheered, but we didn't pay attention. Not caring about the people watching, we kissed. The crowd cheered even louder. We laughed, running off the stage.

Briar's 17th birthday would definitely be one to remember.

the end

-

k so this was bad but it was my first story so cut me some slack

tbh im kinda scared that bryles broke up idk why but its making me nervous they probs didnt but i just have this feeling in the pit of my stomach

but anyways thanks for reading hopefully ill have a new book idea soon! if you have ideas that you wanna share go ahead! i kinda want to do an opinion book..... but i dont know yet k im done byeeeeee