Meet the Father

As soon as I heard the click of the lock, I bolted out from underneath Leon and made a dash to the front door. I was completly frantic inside, thoughts of my dad killing Leon for catching him upstairs in my bedroom with me. Alone, with no one else in the house.

"Sugar Plums" I spoke out loud, which earned a smirk from Leon.

"What?" I asked him. He just stood there staring at me with this look of admiration on his face. 'What the heck' i thought, all I did was say... oh thats what he's smirking at. HAHA, yea its sooo funny that I don't swear, well not anymore at least.

"Nothing much." He finally spoke. "I just think it's cute that you use sugar plum as a substitute for a swear, adorable actually." I blushed beat red with that comment.

"Well I kind of swore alot before and I promised my mom that I would try and stop it so... yea."

"You swearing? I find that very hard to believe young lady." He spoke seriously. I just smiled a sneaky mysterious smile at him, one that definitely hid something behind it, giving him something to think about. Our silence was interupted as my dad started yelling my name up the stairs.

"CLAIRE, CLAIRE ARE YOU AWAKE?" My dad yelled as I heard his boots thump to the floor. I smiled, giving Leon a look to come with me and walk down the stairs to meet my father.

"Dad, you do know that if I was sleeping your little yelling welcome would have woken me up." He smiled at me, and then it faltered when he saw Leon beside me. I watched as his goofy kid-like face turned into a serious scowl, the face of a overprotective father, basically the look of a killer. I walked over and gave my dad a hug and then walked next to Leon, acting as if having a boy at my house alone was no big deal. In all honesty I am 18 and should be trusted, but I understood where his concerns came from, this world was cruel. "Dad, this is Leon he is a friend..." I turned to Leon. "Leon, this is my father Chris Hart"

Leon either was the stupidest or the bravest boy I have ever met. He looked at my father walked up to him and held his hand out to shake it. "Hello, Mr. Hart it is great to meet you. I do apologize for being here without your consent and without supervision. I hope that your will not hold it against your daughter, I came over myself not knowing that this would be a problem. Again I apologize." Leon spoke looking straight in my fathers eyes. I watched as my dad's demeanor relaxed slightly, I think he might just like him a bit..

"I accept your apology, but DO NOT let it happen again." My father spoke sharply as he shook his hand. PHEW! I thought, maybe Leon wont die... today. Leon smiled and nodded his head in  understanding.

I broke the silence by chirping in, "So dad you want some lunch, I know your probably hungry by now." I smiled at him.

"Sure, sweetie but I can make my own food you do enough around here with your mom..." I abruptly cut him off by coughing. I think Leon noticed my discomfort because he gave me a questioning look.

"Alright Dad, but I'm making something for me and Leon anyway I do not mind at all." I told him seriously.

"Fine, my usual sandwhich will be great hun. I am going to take a shower and get dressed I have to go see your mom and then back to work for the process. I am not sure when or if I will be home tonight, we had a set back with one of the experiments this morning so I might be gone off and on this week." He said and I could see the dissapointment in his eyes as he told me his news.

"It's fine Dad, don't worry about it I will be perfectly okay I'm 18 remember?" I laughed lightly telling him to stop worrying, he only nodded his head in acceptance. He turned around and went upstairs to take a shower.

I walked into the kitchen to start making the food for lunch, with Leon following me. I was reaching up to grab the bread when I felt gentle hands turn me around and embrace me in a comforting hug. I can't explain it but in his embrace I just broke down and started to cry. He bent down and kissed my forehead.

"You know, I am here if you want to talk about your mother. I would never judge you. I'll just listen and be here for you." He spoke softly. I looked up at his smoldering green eyes, completly melting in his gaze.

"Why do you even care? We don't even know each other and... Oh golly! We made out upstairs and I don't know you. I'm going to be in so much trouble." He chuckled at my remark.

"And how are you going to get in trouble for kissing a boy?"  I just smiled sheepishly as a reply. He shook his head and laughed again. "As for your question... I care and I just, I can't explain it but I feel the need to protect and comfort you. I know it sounds ridiculous but its true." It was my turn to laugh at him. He smiled back and lightly pecked me on the lips and I blushed a deep red.

"Let's make lunch" He said and I smiled which was what I always seem to be doing with him, either that or blushing.