"Eggs in My Refrigerator" Chapter 2: Men Are Unpredictable

You want to go out with me?”

“Well yeah, I’ve been wanting to date you for a long time actually.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, so do you want to go out with me?”

“Yes!”

“Ha-ha, ok then I guess we’re going out.”

“So, umm do you want to come inside or something?”

“No, I kind of can’t. My mom would want me home soon. Do you think you could drive me there?”

“Oh, sure.”

We finally make it to his house and right before he gets out the most amazing thing happens to me.

“So, I’ll see you tomorrow right?” Blaise asks.

“Yes most definitely.” Then, as I’m saying that, he pulls me in for what I thought of a hug, but he then gently presses his lips to mine and kisses me.

“Tomorrow then.” Blaise says after the kiss when he gets out of the car.

I am so shocked that I sit in the car for another five minutes until I realize that it is almost 5 o’clock and I should probably head back home. However, all the way I am in a daze, just repeating what it felt like when he kissed me. Not that I haven’t been kissed before, this one was just… better. It was like being kissed by an angel. A beautiful, yet bad angel. From pulling the fire drill in third grade, to braking in lockers in eight grade. No one can compare to him! All the girls want to date him and all the guys wish they could be him, and I’m the lucky girl that gets to date him!

I finally reach home after stopping to get gas and a sub from Subway when April asks me where I was. I just plainly tell her I was out and that I’ll be making dinner for her soon.

When I reach the kitchen and look in the refrigerator I notice that we have absolutely no food at all. Well nothing except the carton of eggs that’s been there for a week now, untouched. Sigh, in a way I am just like those eggs. Untouched and not bothered, just taking their sweet time rotting away. However, maybe I’m not like them at all. Well not now at least since I’m dating Blaise Gordon! Man I just cannot get over the fact that him and I are a couple since this Saturday afternoon. I can’t wait to tell Jake at school on Monday. I bet he would be so happy for me, I just know he will. I mean we have been friends ever since the second grade so he would understand the relationship and go along with it. Right?

Well, after careful consideration (yeah right) I give up on the whole cooking idea for now and just settle on ordering pizza. Moments later the pizza is ordered and I am heading up to my room once again.

Ever since my dad has been gone, I have spent most of my days in my room, it’s also a place where I can get away from the world. Thank God I don’t share a room with April or else that would be torture! However, as I said, I wasn’t always cooped up in my room for most of the day. I would spend most of my days outside playing with my friends, or hanging out at the coolest spot with, of course, all the cool people. However, things just haven’t been the same since he left. Apparently he took a big piece of me with him when he decided that he didn’t want us anymore. A piece of me that I really need in order to have a happier life. I guess he wasn’t thinking of all the ways that this could effect his only children in the future and instead was only thinking about himself. What a selfish bastard he is.

Before, I use to adore him, look up to him. Now I hate him and never want to see him with that slutty chick, Natalie Rose. Gross! The name does not fit her at all. She really is a father stealing, kid hating, dirty bitch, while the name sounds like she’s an angel sent down from heaven. As if! She wants nothing to do with my life and I could care less about hers.