Break My Heart or Break My Fall

Here's more of a.. test run of my idea. Either way, I'll continue this story, but I'd like to hear some feedback on it aha ^^' It won't really be self explanatory, but if you'd like to see more, or know more of what my ideas are for this, message me =) I'll be glad to answer any questions ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I think of all the places I just don't belong. I've come to grips with life and realized this is going to far. --Avenged Sevenfold "Afterlife"

Ding, ding, ding! -10 seconds left-

"No! I need the long piece! Why do you keep giving me the purple ones?? K.O.?! What?! How'd he get so many lines!"

Ding! You lose!

"No! That was my last star! Now I dropped a level. Stupid tetris!"

I shoved my keyboard out of sight frustrated with it, though knowing I was just going to pick it back up again in an hour. 

Spending all day playing tetris, yelling at inanimate objects, and listening to music can only mean one thing for me. I had no life.

It was summer break already. I couldn't believe my junior year went by so fast. I wasn't looking forward to next year. All my closest friends where seniors, and now they were gone and starting their own lives. I envy them so. My life is so controlled by my father, I can't even have a chip without his consent. On my seventeenth birthday I had so badly wanted to get my nose pierced. My father's response was, "If you even dare pierce your nose, or any part of your body besides your ears, you will not be living under my roof."

Could he really say it was 'his' roof? It is a rented apartment. Anyway, I thought it wise not to dare it. I kind of thought a roof above my head would be nice to have.

Just then I felt my phone vibrate in my lap. I picked it up and looked at the screen. Taylor. 

"So when r u goin to stop playin tetris all day n hang out with me 4 once?"

I popped open the keyboard and replied back, "When I'm dead."

Two minutes later I got, "That's not funny."

"Then wat is funny 2 u?"

Taylor is my best friend. So far, he's the only one who really understands me, and still speaks to me. He's the son of one of my mother's old high school boyfriends. So naturally, we meet. He's the milk to my Cheerios. The peanut butter to my jelly. We're like peas and carrots! .. Ok you get it. He's had a rough past, I have a rough present. We help each other through the good and bad. I honestly wouldn't know what I'd do without him. 

"U kno how I feel when u start talking bout death. Mainly urs," I rolled my eyes when I felt my phone vibrate again. "And don't even think bout rollin ur eyes at me."

I sighed. "Pooky Bunches, u need to lighten up."

"OoOoO u need to get outta that house. Its doin stuff to ur mind."

"Is not!"

"Is 2. Now I better c u outside n ready 2 go. U r goin 2 Night-Fest even if I have 2 drag u all the way there."

"Ugghhh fiiiiine! This better not suck."

"Love u!"

"Yeah.."

I put my phone down and plugged it into its charger and picked up a pamphlet for "Night-Fest". I had already looked at it several times. It was an all night tribute band festival. I wasn't into tribute bands and Taylor knew that, but he insisted I should go and check it out. What really convinced me was the fact that I kept blowing him off since I got into my summer slump. I figured it wasn't best friend behavior. Plus I miss his hugs anyway. I put down the pamphlet and drag myself into the shower and primp myself up for a night of debauchery, drunken idiots, and tribute bands. Woo!

About an hour later I heard Taylor's rusty old 97 Cadillac honking outside my window. I raced outside to meet him hopped into the passenger seat.

"Drive my young padawon!"

Taylor gave me a sideways glance and smiled, "You've no idea how much I've missed your weirdness."

"You've no idea how much I've missed your hugs.. Speaking of hugs. Why haven't I had one yet?!"

Taylor chuckled and reached over to hug me.

"Ahh. Now everything is right with the world! So do you even know what tribute bands are going to be there?"

Taylor shifted into gear and stepped on the pedal, "I haven't a clue, hun."

"Meh!!" I grunted. "What if its something lame like.. like.. banjo music."

"What's wrong with banjo music?"

"...There is all kinds of levels of wrong with that statement."

"Aha! If its banjo music just grin and bear it with me like the awesome person that you are!"

"...That's it. I'm making you watch Twilight again."

"No! Really?!"

"Hey?! Whats wrong with Twilight?" I mimicked his deep voice tauntingly. 

"Nothing if your into that."

"Well I'm not into banjo music."

Taylor looked at me, "Like that wasn't clear to me before."

"Haha. Just drive Grasshoppa!"

As we were nearing towards the riverfront where Nigth-Fest was being held, I heard faint music playing. Rock. My favorite. I began to think this wasn't such a bad idea.

Taylor pulled into an empty parking space and we both got out and walked towards the growing music. As we approached the crowd I could just barely make out the band currently playing. There were three of them. The drummer in the back had a Mohawk, was shirtless, and sporting leather pants with chains. Just in front of him to the left was the bassist wearing a complicated arrangement of.. scraps of clothing with skinny jeans and hair cut short and dyed firetruck red. What struck me most about these group of guys was the vocalist and lead guitarist. There was nothing fancy about what he was wearing or generally looked like. He had on a simple black t-shirt with chains draped across his chest, gray jeans, black converse, a beanie, and snake bite piercings, which, I found unnaturally sexy. His hair was black, and long, but not too long, and just barely covered his eyes. I couldn't explain what it was that drew me toward him, but I found myself wavering through the crowd towards the front center stage.