The Knock at the Door

Knock, Knock

A groan could be heard from the dark kitchen area as a young man, with purple hair pulled the upper half of his body off the table where he sat sleeping at. He looked at his front door, the scowl he had plastered on his face could only be done by one man, Paul Stone.

Knock, Knock

Standing up, Paul grumbled as he made his way to the door, looking out the small peep hole he didn't see anything

"Damn prankster kids," He growled as he turned to walk back to his table where piles of papers sat

Just as he sat down though and let out a yawn...

BANG BANG

"WHO  THE HELL IS BANGING ON MY DOOR," he yelled as he opened the door looking out at his empty yard

'Welp, iz About Tine, its cowd and yow awso Owe me A qwuarter," came a reply until something pushed past him

Paul slowly turned around to look at the intruder in in his one room, one bath, two story house. It was a small boy, his jacket was falling off his shoulder along with his Eevee Style backpack. He had purple hair witch would almost match Paul's. His little head was turning in every direction as he looked around before he turned around. Paul felt his heart stop, as the little boys face and blue eyes lit up as he smiled at him. of course Paul quickly remembered the boy was intruding in his home and his heart started again.

"Who are you and what are you doing in my house,"

"I'm Kia, and its cowd that's why,"

"Where is your mother,"

the boy jumped a bit before dropping his back and jacket off at his feet as he pulled on his long sleeves ov his sweater.

"Swesh away,"

"Then where is your father,"

"I don't know,"

"Why not,"

"I Never meet him bewor,"

"Well then hes a bad parent,"

" you whish,"

"What you say,"

"I Said he whish,"

"Wish?,"

"Whis,"

"What,"

Paul was getting aggravated at the boy, he wasn't making any sense and his words confused him, but he did feel bad as the boy dropped his shoulders and looked down. he sniffed a little while he kicked his shoe around.

"What kid,"

"I'm Sworry,"

"For,"

"Making you mad," he lifted his head up as he looked up at Paul small tears falling down his red cheeks his blue eyes wide

"Its fine, I had a speech impediment too, when I was young,"

"Really, Really you did,"

"Yeah some words where hard and a lot of letters too,"

"Oh," Kia sat on the floor using his jacket as a blanket, Paul had to admit his house was cold he was trying to save money so he hadn't turned the heater on last night, but it had also snowed so there was that too.

"Look kid what are you doing here anyways,"

"Oh welp, you swee,"

"I see what,"