12 ; Fear and Loathing

Start from the beginning

 Noah was expecting that Finnick's death was just a dream and when he'd woke up again; Finnick would be bounding up with him with shaggy bronze hair and a contagious white smile. In a way, Emberly was grieving as well, though her and Finnick weren't nearly as close as Finnick and Noah were; she still knew Finnick and enjoyed his presence in her life while it'd lasted.

"How long do you think we have before they figure out some of us could've survived?" Katniss asks, shoving the braid from her shoulder as she grabs her rifle from the ground.

"I think they could be here any time." Gale replies, shrugging as he adds on. "They knew we were heading for the streets. Probably an hour before they start looking for our exit point."

Emberly waltzed to the window, expecting to see Peacekeepers stalking outside of the apartment; instead, she sees Capitol people. Many of them going about their business, oblivious to the rebels among them in the apartment above who are planning to assassinate their President.

"We should check their clothes." Emberly states, motioning towards their all black outfits. Katniss nods her head, exiting the room in search of a wardrobe filled with Capitol clothing.

Her and Emberly move silently, walking into a large closet filled with colorful outfits in rich silks. There's hundreds of shoes, rainbow wigs, and enough make-up to paint a house. In a nearby hall, there's a similar selection for men.

"Oh great." Emberly grumbles, grabbing a short, dark vibrant blue bob wig, spinning it on her hand as she imitates the obnoxious Capitol voices, listening to Katniss laugh as she places on a pair of tinted sunglasses.

Sitting in front of the mirror, Emberly shoves her hair into a light tan wig cap, making sure every part of her hair is stuffed inside as she places on the bright blue wig from before. Emberly takes the bright purple coat that Katniss hands her as she heads into the main living room where the rest of them are.

Fortunately, their uniforms are able to hide underneath large jackets and cloaks without being detected. They hang their boots around their necks by there laces, hiding them away from the eyes of the Capitol people.

Shoving her sore feet into a pair of bright pink heels, Emberly instantly is reminded of her times in the tribute parades and the interviews with Caesar when she and many others had to get dressed up and pushed around like dolls.

Placing on a pair of sunglasses, Emberly glances in Gale and Noah's direction. Gale is dressed in a pale purple shirt and white pants, along with a pair of dress shoes. He's wearing a large, wool scarf around his face as a shield from those who may recognize them.

Peeta is standing awkwardly in a bright green suit, with a pair of sunglasses perched on his nose along with a scarf and gloves. The gloves, Emberly supposes, is to hide the handcuffs strapping both of his wrists together in front of him.

Noah is shoving his arms through a bright yellow shirt and some matching pants. His shoes are a bright red, which severely clash but it's not like any of them are used to wearing anything other than the dull grey District 13 clothes, charcoal black soldier uniforms, and in Noah, Peeta, Katniss, and Emberly's case: arena jumpsuits.

"Stay together." Holmes mutters, before all four of them are marching out onto the street. Emberly is wobbling in her heels, having not wore a pair since the interview with Caesar before the Quarter Quell arena. Snow flurries begin to fall, landing on Emberly's cheeks. Agitated people swirl around them four, taking about rebels and scarce food.

They cross the street to a few more apartments, and just as they turn the corner, three dozen Peacekeepers sweep by. Hoping out the way, like all the citizens before them, they wait patiently for the flow in people to begin again before continuing to walk.