chapter 3

I've finally decided to update. I haven't updated this in so long. I actually forgot about it. but I've gotten a lot of positive feedback, thank you so much!
(I wrote this at like 1 am so I'm sorry if this sucks 😂)
----------------------------------------------

I pulled up to Nialls house and checked my hair in the mirror. I walked up to the door and knocked . within 5 seconds the door flung open.
"hey Hannah come in. where's your friend?" he asked while gesturing me into the house.
"um she's at home." I said while admiring his home. the walls were tall and a white. I walked into what seemed to be the living room. He had a long black couch and in front of it was a long white coffee table. next to the couch he had two big black recliner chairs.
"do you want something to drink?" he asked. while siting down next to me.
"no thank you I'm okay." across from me was four large shelves. on the second one there was a giant flat screen tv. on the other shelves there was pictures of Niall golfing or pictures of his family and band.
"oh that's my nephew Theo. isn't he adorable?" Niall said while standing up and walking over to the shelf.
"awh he's so cute. he looks so much like you." I said giggling. I stood up and walked over to him. I looked at the pictures. there was a lot of them. I pointed to a picture of Niall and an older man.
"is that your grandfather?" I asked looking at him.
"yeah. he was a great man. but he passed away about a year ago." he said his smile faded a bit.
"oh I'm sorry." I put my hand on his shoulder.
"yeah. but how are you?" he changed the subject while walking to the couch.
I let a loud sigh escape my mouth as I slouched back on the couch next to him.
"uh Emily's boyfriend just died the other day." I ran my hand through my hair.
"Emily your roommate?" he asked a bit surprised.
"yeah. he was on his way to propose." I looked down. thinking about it still makes me tear up.
"was it bad that I left her alone? I just don't know what to do. I've never had anything like this happen." tears started to fill into my eyes. I wanted to help my best friend but I just didn't know what to do.
"hey listen it's going to be okay." he grabbed my hand.
"maybe I should go home and check on her." I said starting to get up. he grabbed my hand and pulled me back onto the couch. I looked at him confused. he stared to lean in but hesitated. I could see in his eyes he wanted to.
"niall if you want to kiss me just do it."I smiled cheekily.
he smile and kissed me. He played with my hair and giggled a bit in between kisses. I finally pulled away and stood up.
"I have to check on Emily. I'll see ju later okay." I grabbed my bag and headed to the door. Niall jumped up and opened the door. he leaned in for one more kiss before I walked out the door.

once I got home I walked into the living room. Emily was sleeping on the couch keeping up with the kardashians played in the TV. I went into the kitchen and made some tea. j poured the hot liquid into a yellow and white tea cup. I walked it into the living room and sat it on the coffee table.
"hey Emily how do you feel?" I asked as I put my hand on her back.
she groaned a bit while he blinked her eyes open. she sat up a bit.
"okay." she said. she lifted her hand out for the tea.
"why are you back so soon you've only been gone for like an hour." she said in between sips.
"yeah I wanted to come back to and check up on you." she looked at me.
"Hannah I'm okay. you didn't have to come back." she said while giving me a reassuring smile.
"well I'm home and we are going to have a Gilmore girls marathon." I said exited. she smiled and rearranged herself on the couch.
"let me go get my sweatpants on." I said while jumping up.
"I'll make some popcorn." she said slowly getting off the couch.
I put on my sweat pants and took off my makeup. I walked into the living room and Emily was on the couch with a hand over her mouth, crying.  she was staring at her phone. I slowly walked over to see what she was looking at. she was re-reading her texts with Mark. I sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug.
"it's going to be okay." I whispered into her ear. I put the Gilmore girls dvd into the TV. we cuddled up on the couch with our popcorn for the rest of the night.

****************************
NIALLS POV

----------------------------------------

Today was Marks funeral. Hannah asked me to come. the last time I was at a funeral it was for my grandfather. I never really liked funerals but yet again who really did. even though I really didn't want to go but I really care about Hannah and I want to be there for her.
I stood in front of the mirror and adjusted my tie before walking out the door.

I arrived at the funeral. a large brick church with pink and red flowers around front. I walked in and looked around. Hannah walked up from behind me and put her hand on my shoulder.
"hey. thank you for coming." he said leaning for a kiss.
she looked beautiful. she was wearing a short black dress. her hair was curled and framed her face perfectly.
she waved and tall blonde girl over.
"Niall this is Emily, emily this is Niall." she said as I put my arm around her.
"hi Niall, Im sorry we have to meet here." she whipping her puffy eyes with a tissue.
"it's nice to meet you. I'm so sorry for you loss." Emily gave me a warm smile before we all sat down.

after the funeral Hannah, Emily and I went to a small diner.
"I'm gonna use the bathroom before we go." Emily stood up and walked towards the bathroom. I looked at Hannah and gave her a smile.
"thank you so much for coming. I know you didn't want to come but it means a lot anyways." she said while taking my hand.
"anything I can do to help." I kissed her.
"Hannah i l-" I started but I was interrupted by the young waiters handing us the bill.
was I really about to tell Hannah I loved her. I've only known her for a month. but the thing is, I actually think I do.