Staying Focused.....

Începe de la început

"I think you found a way to get out of bed this morning and that makes you the strongest person I know. I think that you can do pretty much anything" He gives me the sleeve with the stakes. I put the sleeve back on. I didn't think Ric would say that but he was right. I'm going to do this because I don't want to fell vulnerable anymore.

We carried on training for a little while more. I had to leave to get ready to go school. I got home and had another shower and got ready. I headed out of the house and got in my car. I had to think it's a new year of school my final year and I won't let anything ruin that. Also I better go and see how Siena is after school. I don't know if she is going to be ok with me but I'm going anyway to see her. I got to school and parked up I saw Caroline and Bonnie looking at me. I got out of the car and fixed the scarf around my neck to hide the bite. I walked over to them they were both smiling at me. I gave them a smile back I had to show them both that I'm doing ok even after what I went through last night.

"Here we are. Senior year" Caroline announced. She had been dreaming of this day ever since I could remember.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked looking at both of us. I don't know if empowering was the right word to use.

"Okay so prank night was a bust but we are accepting it, and we are moving on" Caroline told us as we began to walk towards the school. She was really looking at all of this in a positive attitude. I wish I could do the same.

"You're right. I mean, why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriends hinder this experience?" Bonnie was talking about Jeremy seeing the ghosts of his ex's girlfriends. To be honest I would rather have that problem than my boyfriend going all 'Ripper'

"Yes! And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day" Then it hit me while Caroline was talking. That a year ago today Stefan and I met on the first day of school. Wow so much had changed and happened in just 12 months!

"Today's our anniversary. Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year" I spoke out loud, they both looked at me.

"Yeah you win" Caroline announced. I looked at her expression soften it weren't a competition.

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked me concerned. I smiled I couldn't hide away I had to face it all sooner or later.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New Year, new life" I told them in my perky voice and I began to walk into the school leaving them behind. Just because you're missing someone doesn't mean you need them back in your life. Missing is part of moving on. That was what I had to clearly do now. No matter how much I didn't want to.

Damon P.O.V

Elena wanted to leave pretty quickly after Stefan announced he was staying at the house which I weren't too happy about. I wanted to go upstairs to see what the hell he was doing with Siena. So I dropped Elena home I didn't even check Elena got in fine. I needed to make sure Siena was ok. I drove off but I think Elena understood I was anxious leaving Siena with him. I drove back breaking a hell of a lot speed limits. I parked up and walked into the house I swear if he had done anything to her I will kill him.

"Stefan" I shouted, walking towards his room but I notice that he had placed Siena in my room on the bed. Then I saw Stefan come out of his room with an amusing look on his face.

"Did you think I had done something to Siena" he taunted while leaning against the door frame. As much I wanted him to embrace his vampirism he was pissing me off and he only been back a few hours.