Football Practice

Beginne am Anfang

"I know right! They're so gossipy and a little too perfect. Not my cup of tea." She laughs.

"Do you play any sports?" I ask.

"Yes I do, volleyball and soccer." She says, proudly.

"Nice! I play soccer." I smile.

"Awesome! Did you know Jay is great at soccer? He doesn't like to say it because he's so obsessed with football." She says.

"Really? What I couldn't believe is that Ryan is the captain of the soccer team. When I first saw him, I already knew he was a football player but the last sport I thought was soccer." I laugh.

"We should all play sometime." She offers.

"I'd like that." I smile.

"Me too."

Before we knew it, the boys practice was over. I had walked over to the locker room exit, waiting for Jay to come out.

"Hey babe." I heard a familiar voice say as they walked out of the locker rooms.

"Hey." I smile, looking up at my gorgeous boyfriend's eyes.

"Hey Bells, ready for me to walk you home?" Jay asks, walking out, "oh hey Ryan."

"What's going on?" Ryan asks, suspiciously.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You're wearing his hoodie, you smell like him and now he's offering to walk you home." Ryan says, the anger in his voice obviously rising.

"Dude, nothing's going on." Jay says, truthfully.

"Yeah, absolutely nothing." I chime in.

"Then explain all this shit." He says.

"This morning I got into an argument with Zach and I didn't want to be here with him in every class. He said some fucked up shit and I stormed off and left school." I started.

"I heard and saw everything, she was in tears and I didn't want her roaming around all alone. I decided to help her and distract her from the bullshit Zachary said." Jay says.

"What'd you two do?" Ryan questions.

"We hung out at my house. We played video games and ate ice cream." Jay replies, "and after eating we headed over here cause I didn't want to be late to practice. I offered her to stay until practice was over so she wouldn't have to walk home alone."

"Oh." Ryan says, looking like an idiot.

"Do you not trust me?" I ask, feeling a bit hurt.

"It's not that I don't trust you, I just-" he says, stopping himself, not being able to come up with an excuse.

"No, you don't trust me." I say.

"I do." He says, coming closer to me.

"Stop." I tell him, taking a step backward.

"Come on, Bella, you can't blame me for thinking that something happened." He says, reaching for my hand.

I scoff, "You think I'd cheat on you?"

He shrugs, "It doesn't matter. Nothing happened."

He grabs my arm and pulls me toward him, "Don't touch me." I spat, moving away from him and pulling my arm from his grip.

"Don't act like a stubborn bitch." He says, anger in his voice.

"Don't act like a bitch? Says the asshole who thinks I would stoop that low and cheat on him with his best friend." I say, the blood boiling in my veins.