Chapter 7

Little Miss Queeny and I were staring at each other, her eyes were a pale gray, almost white, just like her hair. Her skin was snow white, practically blending in with her clothes, which were the same color.

"Glad that that's settled, how do you feel about going goth?" I asked.

Vivaldi glowered at me.

I held my hands up in defense. "What? Since you don't like colors, black isn't that different from white. It was just a thought."

"Then don't say what you think." she said, sounding like she was trying to stay calm.

Xavier snorted behind me. "Greenie not say what she thinks? Not gonna' happen."

"Shut up, Jack." I called back. "And remember, that's Mrs. Greenie to you."

He almost doubled over laughing despite the predicament they were in. That was good. After I pulled that bullet out of his arm and he screamed like a girl (which I could burst out laughing just thinking about it), he'd been looking paler and paler. It wasn't the blood loss anymore, probably just fear at what would happen.

We were still kids after all.

"Anyway," Vivaldi interrupted. "What shall the challenges be?"

That made me frown. "I don't know. I didn't think you'd actually agree to something like that."

"I can never resist a game that I know I'd win at." she said, smirking.

In other words, she just said that I had no chance. I scowled at her. "You can tell yourself as many lies as you want. Just know that people who lie end up losing."

The woman was a complete freak, that was for sure.

"Fine." I continued and pulled out a coin. "Heads you pick the challenge first, tails I pick the challenge."

"I think since you wanted the three challenges, you should pick what they should be." she said, leaning back in her chair.

I rolled my eyes. She was really arrogant. People in this place were definitely weird in many different ways; Xavier in suspicious weird ways, and Vivaldi in her creepy white weird ways. Me, on the other hand, is freaky. See, there's a difference.

"Fine," I said. "Since you said that, we're doing this my way."

Vivaldi nodded, agreeing -which was kind of creepy.

Xavier opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"We shall have a challenge every other day to regain our wits." I smirked. In truth, I was just trying to hold things off until I came up with a real plan that wouldn't end up with Xavier and me dead. "You will have to participate in them, and whoever wins two of the three challenges wins the crown, no objections."

She smiled. "Perfect." she purred. She looked like a cat who was toying with its dinner. "Then for tonight, you shall rest and tomorrow, we will decide what we shall do for our first game."

I swallowed the lump in my throat, but stayed strong.

For a second longer, I stared at her. Then, I slapped my knee, making everyone jump. "Now I know how I recognize you! You remind me of my mother-in-law!"

Everyone looked at me.

"What? My brother's wife's mother looks just like you!" I said, pointing to Vivaldi. "She's a very strict person; be quiet, don't make a mess, etc."

Vivaldi looked at a guard. "Was I just insulted?"

I interrupted his response with my own. "Only if you let it be." I smiled innocently, and Vivaldi flushed scarlet.

Xavier came up to me quickly. "That's enough, Cami, let's just go and figure out some games for the challenges." His voice was tighter, as if he couldn't stand being in her presence any longer. I bet that's why he was in the resistance!

I glared at him, but decided it was best. I turned back to the white queen. "Please tell me that there will be either a shower or clean clothes waiting."

She gave a curt nod. "We wouldn't normally do this, but we've had your clothing... made different, just to know who you are."

Xavier and I tensed up at the same moment, and I could tell that we both though on the same wavelength. What if she had listening devices or trackers on them? We really didn't have much of a choice since the guards started pushing us towards the door.

"Ow! Hands off the merchandise! I've got a husband that'll beat you senseless if he caught you!" I protested.

This made Xavier's mouth quirk in amusement.

"Well your husband ain't here now, so move." the guard said gruffly.

I sniffed. "I think I've just been sexually harassed."

Then we got to our room. My eyes almost bugged out of my head. For a second, I thought I was in a mental ward (and trust me, those places are creepy too). White walls, two white beds, white dressers, white closet... it made the space feel really small.

The door closed behind us with a bang, but it seemed to be ringing in my ears. Oh boy, did someone turn on a heater?

"Oh my god, the walls can't stay away from me." I muttered.

"Are you insane?" Xavier yelled at me.

"Possibly." I said, breathing in and out.

"And telling them that you're the leader of the resistance? What a joke! What the hell were you thinking?" he kept on raging.

Ooooh yeah, that's a headache coming on.

"Did you even consider what could happen to my men out there if we lose? -No, wait, it's if you lose. You got me into this whole shit bag, you called on the challenge." Now he was pacing. "Not only have you put my men's lives ont the line, you just fucked up Saturnity's last hope of returning it back to normal-!"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled at him. "I know what I did, but that's just what happened at the time! We can't change it, Xavier, so just. Shut. Up. I don't need you or anyone else to tell me how to live my life, and so far, my life was just transported to a whole different planet!"

Xavier stared at her bitterly. "Is that what you told the men who fucked you, whore?"

That hurt. I flinched, fighting back tears. "Like you would understand," I said, not yelling, but it was still forceful. "You don't know anything what it was like back home. Don't worry, I'll make sure that I do my best. Since you hate me sooo much, why bother?"

He didn't answer, still not taking his words back.

I laughed bitterly. "After all, I'm just a whore who's a spy."

I cleared my head, like I usually did when I was frustrated, and walked to the closet, looking for a change of clothes.

Well... we'd definitely stand out. It wasn't anything crazy, they looked like ordinary clothes, except for the fact that they were black. Well, my brothers always joked about me going goth, so why not? I went into the bathroom that was connected to the room and changed.

If Xavier thought that I was a spy then, in this outfit, I fit the description fine. I felt like James Bond, stretchy pants and everything!

I stared at myself in the mirror and thought for a moment. I smirked at my reflection.

"I think I just thought of a game to play for our challenge."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew! Sorry guys that it took a bit longer than the usual chapter, but I was kinda stuck on this one. Thanks to SOMEONE! I got the hard chapter. Oh well, I still like this. 

Oooh! There's this story that I HAVE to tell ya'll. Okay, so it was rainin, and my mom wanted me to go outside and shut the window to the shed. So I did it and then I saw the bee. Actually, it was the butt of the bee. I accidentally smushed the bee's head... :( I felt really guilty the rest of the day.

READER'S POLL! ~ Who do you think is funnier? Cami or Xavier?