Hand of fear part 2

Start from the beginning

The Doctor interrupts me. "Crystal eye, uses radiation to regenerate, it's probably afraid."

Sarah walks towards him. "It's afraid? I'm afraid, if that thing isn't friendly lets get out, before it does. Look so we have ten minutes?" She asks Watson.

"That was a minute ago." I roll my eyes so what we have nine minutes.

"Right lets go, Doctor!" The two of them run out I stay behind.

"Fascinating." He mumbles looking at the door leading to the core. A hole starts to appear in a part of the door. Like its being eaten away. I start going towards the door. "Come on lets get out of here." He grabs my hand as he passes me and makes me run faster. We get outside and the Doctor gets in the back of the truck. The Doctor helps me climb up and I stand near him and help Sarah up. Once professor Watson gets on a guard also piles on. We then start to take of towards a safe distance. We stop and they climb out.

"Everybody take cover!"

I climb behind the car next to Sarah. I look up and see two fighter jets. I look up and the Doctor hasn't moved. I remember that the missiles wont go off so I get up and climb back up onto the truck. "Mrs smith, Doctor get down!" He then warns Sarah of the light and how to help protect the ear drums. Hold the nose and open your mouth. They all look confused when nothing happens the Doctor just has a smirk.

"What happened, we saw them fire." Sarah says, I shrug.

"They've been absorbed somehow. Professor Watson, something that can live and thrive from radiation wont be affected by primitive missiles." I say as I see the Doctor beaming at me from the corner of my eye.

"There the most powerful missiles we have!" Watson sort of complains.

"On your standards perhaps, I think we must try much older weapons." The Doctor says folding his arms on one of the metal rings.

"Like?" Sarah questions.

"Simple answer my dear Watson, speech diplomacy."

"What?" Watson looks completely confused.

"Conversation, come on driver lets go." Everybody gets back onto the truck and we go back to the plant. We arrive and the gate is unlocked, we pile out of the truck and walk through. "Alright you stay here, it shouldn't take me long, one way our another."

I try to walk around him. "Alright lets go."

The Doctor shakes his head. "No you stay with professor Watson." The Doctor walks away from us.

I look at Sarah and we both smirk. We make a move but professor Watson grabs us and pulls us back. "I think you should do what he says this time."

I roll my eyes then wink at Sarah. "FOR NARNIA!" I scream and we link arms and open the gate more and take a run towards the Doctor.

"NO!" I hear professor Watson scream towards us.

We catch up to the Doctor and he stops and looks at us both. I shrug my shoulders. "We worry about you. Anyway who found that thing?" I hear him grumble Sarah's name. "And who is your best friend?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"you're actually my wife." I hear him mumble lowly. "You are."

I look stunned at him. "what was that you said before you are?"

He brings a finger to his lips. "Spoilers, my dear."

We start walking again before Sarah continues. "Anyway we're both involved, and besides I'm from Earth, you two are not." She says while skipping to keep with the Doctor.