Chapter 5

This can't be happening. My whole world is crumbling around me. My parents are dead.

I turned around and walked to the door. "Alicia, where are you going?" Britt asked me. "Alicia?!"

I ran. I ran out the door, down the street, without a clue as to where I was initially headed. I just ran.

It started raining pretty soon, and I stopped. I couldn't feel the rain. I didn't know if it was cold rain, or anything. I just knew it was raining. I couldn't feel the wetness of the rain. I couldn't feel anything except for the pain of my parents' death.

I resumed running, until I found myself in front of the place where I knew he was. This was it, this was how I made my choice of who I wanted.

I knocked on the door and it was soon opened. "Alicia what's wrong?"

"Liam, I need you." I managed to choke out. He pulled me in to a hug and that's when it happened. That's when I broke down. I just cried.

It was also then how I realised what had been happening to me in the last few weeks. It was natural to wonder what it was like to be with someone else, especially if you've been with the same person for five years. The reason I felt guilty was because I didn't talk to Liam about my feelings.

But it was Liam who I wanted to be with. He understood me. He loved me. And I loved him.

He just stood there with me, on his porch in the rain. He didn't know what had happened, but he just held me. No questions asked.

~~~~~~~~

Later that night, after I told him what happened and I had calmed down, I told him about the thing with Harry. I told him everything, every lie I told to see him. He wasn't angry, he was heartbroken.

"Liam, I swear it was a stupid mistake. He doesn't mean a thing to me." I assured him.

"Why did you do it?"

"I was curious. You were the only boy I had ever been with. I wanted to know what it was like to be with someone else. But Liam, it made me realise that I didn't want to be with anyone else but you."

"End it. We can go back to the way we were, exactly that way. But I want to know that you've definitely ended it." He said. I nodded.

I took out my phone, which was incredibly wet but still working. I dialled Harry's number.

-

-

-

"Hey." His deep voice said.

"Hi. Harry, we need to talk." I replied, wiping away the few stray tears I had

"Okay. Is everything alright?"

"No. I'm in love with Liam, he's the only one I want to be with." I answered truthfully.

"You can't honestly mean that. You know you don't feel that way." I could hear his heartbreaking through his voice. I could tell he was starting to cry.

"I mean every word of it."

"Is it the fact I'm still with Brittany? I'll break up with her. I'll do anything for you, Alicia. Just tell me what it will take for you to be mine." He begged.

"You can't do anything. I am in love with Liam. He's all I want. He's all I need. Goodbye Styles." I finished, ending the call.

Liam pulled me in to a hug. Not only was it a comforting hug, it was a hug that said thank you and that he loves me.

He whispered into my ear that we all make mistakes. He told me he loved me.

I wanted to feel happy, relieved, everything I should feel. But I can't. I can't feel anything. I can't feel his arms wrapped around me, I can't feel the soft kisses he's pressing to my neck. I only know that he's doing it because I can hear his lips leave my neck.