Breredith

Breredith

“Woah! Look at this!” Lauren squealed running off one way with Joey in tow. Meredith laughed quietly and watched as Denise and Jeff walked another way. Joe and Jaime followed leaving Brian and Meredith all alone. She stole a glance over at Brian who was already looking at her. She turned away and blushed. She had always had a thing for Brian, but she doubted he felt the same way. She looked forward to see a big tank full of turtles. Smiling, Meredith walked up to stare at them.

Brian watched as the stunning brunette walked up to the turtles. Of all places in the zoo, the turtles was her favorite. He remembered from so many visits with his friends. It was always the same. She would see them, walk over, and stare until somebody pulled her away. He himself would watch her from afar, admiring her beauty. But not today. Brian looked around to see if anybody they knew was watching. When he didn’t see anybody, he made his first move. Slowly, Brian approached Meredith and stood next to her.

“Aren’t they beautiful?” she asked in such a soft voice it was hard to hear.

“Huh?” Brian asked looking at her.

“Aren’t they beautiful?” she repeated and turned her face to look at him. “The turtles?”

“Oh yeah, they are,” he replied still looking at her as she turned back to the turtles. Brian faced the turtle habitat not long after her. They stood there in a comfortable silence. Just staring at the turtles. After a while, Meredith let her head fall on to Brian’s shoulder with a sigh. The sudden pressure on his shoulder made Brian jump slightly. He liked the feel of her soft hair flowing down his side. He slipped his hand into hers. Taken by surprise, she picked her head up and looked at him. He looked at her straight in the eyes. Confusion ran through them.

“Wow,” he whispered. Meredith’s eyebrows scrunched up in confusion.

“What is it?” she questioned back.

“You just look so… gorgeous.” Her face transformed from confused to taken aback within seconds. Her eyes shown with excitement. And before she had a chance to respond, his lips were on hers capturing every moment they could. The kiss was short but sweet. When Brian pulled away, a smile grew on Meredith’s face. Brian’s mouth also twisted up into a smile. Meredith decided to make the next move by turning herself to face him. She put her arms around his neck and pulled him back down for another kiss. Brian was in shock but soon relaxed himself and wrapped his arms around her waist. The two both smiled into the kiss and admired the way their lips seemed to mold to the others. When they finally pulled away, they smiled at each other and turned to the glass of the turtle tank. Holding hands, they stood there for what seemed like hours enjoying one another’s company and watching the turtles.