Chapter 1: 1st Anniversary

It only had been a year and few weeks, since Zexion had saved Demyx and Marluxia from an attack that had killed him instead. Demyx had noticed a sudden change in Marluxia ever since it happened, but Marluxia never talked about the topic. Every time Demyx tried to ask, Marluxia changed the subject on him. Demyx has been finding Marluxia in Zexion's room more often then the greenhouse. He was in the search for Marluxia now and went straight to Zexion's room first.

"Marly, please talk to me about this." Demyx said as he found Marluxia going through Zexion's books again.

"Demy, I'm not ready to talk about it. It's too soon." Marluxia didn't even bother to look up this time.

"Marly, dear, it's been a year and two weeks and how am I suppose to help you through this if you don't talk about this? You've been acting very different, ever since he did that."

"I just need to figure why he did that, but I know the answers are in here."

"These are books, unless he had written in them... they won't give you an answer."

"Demyx, you don't get it."

"Then help me to."

"These aren't just any books. These books are the books I had given him, every time I see him on the day he had joined."

"You mean ever since you joined, you have been giving him a book for the day that he had joined."

"Yes... he had been writing in them too. But there is nothing in them saying why he did what he did."

Demyx just stood there looking down at Marluxia. "You had feelings for him, but you had tricked yourself that you didn't." Demyx guessed; Marluxia looked up at Demyx.

"No...I never had feelings for him."

"Marluxia, stop lying. If you didn't had feeling for him you wouldn't be in his room every time you run away from me."

"I do not run here every time I ran from you."

"You do too. This has been the sixteenth time this week that I found you in here and they've all been in a row."

"No, they weren't."

Demyx bent down and slapped him. "You have to, don't lie to yourself. Lying to yourself will only make this situation worse." Demyx stormed out of the room.

Demyx then went to the kitchen and ran into Luxord on his way in.

"Hey, Demyx...what's up?"

"Don't talk to me...I'm not in the mood right now." Demyx said as he walked around him and went into the kitchen.

"Jeez, I wonder what's eating him." Luxord said as he walked away.

Demyx grabbed some food and sat down at his table. He ate in silence, and then Axel and Xaldin came in laughing at something they said to each other. They went to get some food and sat down at their table.

"Why can't I have that kind of relationship with Marluxia right now?" Demyx asked himself. He watched Axel and Xaldin and he noticed that their relationship had been growing...then he looked his relationship with Marluxia and how it was falling apart.

Marluxia was sitting on the floor with all of the books open to a certain page.

'I can't take it sitting on the sidelines, until Demyx doesn't want you anymore.' Zexion's voice said in Marluxia's head. Then it clicked... He got up and ran to find Demyx. He found Demyx in the kitchen.

"Demy..."

Demyx looked up. "What?"

"I figured it out."