Chapter Four

The morning came bright and cheery the next day. Maxim and Fallon quickly got dressed and joined their classmates in the great hall. Breakfast was delicious and everyone was excited for their first day of lessons. The day flew by as the children absorbed themselves into the many facets of magic. Maxim, like most boys, enjoyed flying the most. Fallon liked flying somewhat, but she was fascinated by all of her classes, and the many wonderful things you could do with magic.

            As time passed the Weasley/Potter bunch pretty much adopted the siblings. They all became very close friends, but the siblings never really talked about their past. Since neither of the two ever actually slept in their dorm rooms, preferring instead to sleep in a corner of the common room, no one noticed their monthly disappearances. So it all worked out very well. Though they knew that the others probably thought their sleeping arrangements rather odd, they never asked about it. Fallon and Maxim didn't really want to tell their friends about their condition. They didn't want them to see them differently,besides each other they were their first ever friends.

             Fallon and Maxim didn't like being what they are. Vicious monsters without control or awareness. They couldn't even take the wolfsbane potion until they were older, so the nights surrounding their transformations were grueling and harsh. Filled with biting,growling,and scratching, as well as sleepless nights. That being the case they often looked the worse for wear. They couldn't conceal all of the side effects of their furry little problem though and they hoped no one figured it out. Though tension had lessened since the war, people still disliked and feared werewolves. They worried that their friends wouldn't like them anymore if they found out. Or at the least that they'd treat them differently if they knew. So for now, it would remain a closely kept secret.

                 Time passed swiftly and soon Christmas break was upon them. All of their friends along with the majority of the school went home. Maxim and Fallon remained at school with the professors and a handful of other students. Though they missed their friends it was a very nice break. They were the only Gryffindors , so they had the whole common room to themselves. The peacefulness was a welcome reprieve after a tough month. They got to just relax and the teachers did their best to make the break enjoyable for everyone.

            They were also pleasantly surprised to receive presents from their friend's mum. They each got a beautiful hand knit sweater with their initials and pictures on them, along with scrumptious homemade goodies. This was the first time anyone had given them such a thoughtful gift. So together they mixed up a couple of useful potions and sent them to Mrs.Ginny Potter and family along with a long thank you letter.

                As with all breaks, it ended all too swiftly. Soon everyone had returned and the castle was filled once more. Life then continued on as usual for a time. However that would all change come summer break.