Seeing The Good In Him

Start from the beginning

I sit down my phone with a sigh. I have absolutely no idea what happened last night. Im scared...I don't want to know what Troye did to get me so angry, especially when he's leaving so soon. All I know is that I need a shower and that I do not want to see Troye. I'm nervous and I don't want to be angry with him, it's better not knowing. I start the hot water before walking to the kitchen again.

"Mom?" She looks up from her newspaper.

"Aren't you supposed to be in your room?" She snaps and I sigh again.

"Yes, but can you do me a favor?" Before she can object it I continue. "If Troye comes around, don't let him in. Please?" She gives me a questioning glare.

"Why not? Are you fighting?" I scratch the back of my neck awkwardly.

"I don't exactly know. All I have is a bunch of sorry messages and a nagging feeling that I should be pissed."

"Mind you language Connor." She warns but her glare softens. "But, you have my word. I won't let him in." I smile in relief.

"Thanks mom."

"It's fine. Just go back to your room." I nod and turn into the bathroom, stripping bare before clappering in under the steamy water. Are Troye and I really fighting? Three days before he leaves me? What could of been so bad that he felt it necessary to text me 11 times begging for forgiveness? Leaning my head against the tile I try to recall the events of last night.

I remember picking out my outfit with much difficulty, then getting into Troyes car. He obviously went, although he was never to thrilled about it. Even when Caspar first brought it up- WAIT! Caspar! He threw the party for Troye! I grin in excitement before closing my eyes again. I remember getting in and him looking ravishing. Then we got there and he was nervous, that being his first party. I smile at the memory. Then I...then...

I groan in frustration as I try to remember. My heads subsided a bit but it's still painful. Let's try this again; I walked in...and I was holding Troyes hand... Damnit. I can't remember anything after that point. What do you usually do when your forget something? Retrace your steps? I've already done that and I still come up empty. I turn off the water after having thoroughly washed myself. I open the bathroom door just in time to hear,

"I'm sorry. He doesn't want to talk right now." That's my mom.

"Please Mrs. Franta. I really need to talk with him." And that's Troye, pleading. I hurriedly walk into my room so I don't have to hear anymore. He sounded so sad, so hurt. Did I do that? What happened? I feel like crying or throwing myself out a window. I get dressed in a pair of sweat pants, a hoodie, and my grey beanie that I just got back from Troye on Thursday. He's obsessed with it. After I see that Troyes safely in his house I go down stairs.

"Mom? I'm going to the coffee shop down the street." I call, grabbing my wallet off of the hall counter.

"Good one Connor. You're not going anywhere." I groan but she just approaches me with her arms crossed.

"Please? I desperately need some coffee and were out." She gives me a doubtful look and I press on. "I'll be back in a flash, I promise." She sighs and I know I've won.

"I guess bu-"

"Thanks mom! Love you." I kiss her on the cheek before running out the front door. I don't want to give her time to change her mind. The walk there is hot and lonely, but the air conditioned building and the smell of fresh coffee makes up for it.

"What can I get you?" A boy behind the counter says. I order my usual frappe. "For here or to go?" I ponder over this for a second before deciding to take it to go. My mom will kill me other wise.