Once she had finished, she tucked the scorecard into her bag and saw that only the Mets were taking batting practice. Disappointed that the Cubs weren't, Leigh frowned for no longer than a breath before it turned into a smile— she was still enjoying the day out and about at Wrigley, Leigh began to walk around the concourse and grabbed herself some dinner in the form of some hot dogs and Budweiser.

She returned to her seat, unabashedly shoving the hot dogs into her mouth. Food at Wrigley was good, but the hot dogs were something else entirely. They only tasted this good at the ballpark. When she washed them down with the beer, that too tasted heavenly. She finished and the seats around her were still filling in since there was a whole hour to go before the first pitch. So Leigh took out her phone and began to answer some of her emails.

Leigh had gasped quietly, holding one hand to her mouth as she read one email from a former professor. She had only taken one class with him but they clicked instantly. Leigh had continued to keep in touch with him because she had gotten a perfect grade in his class and she never knew when she would need a letter of recommendation. She had harbored strong feelings for him while she was in his class, but that never panned out. Leigh was confident that their relationship was just friendly now, and it seemed the communication seemed to be in her favor, as he had forwarded her an email from one of his old documentary buddies. His caption read, "I might have mentioned that I know someone perfect for this position."

The email that was sent to him was short and sweet, his friend telling him that he had just signed on to a television special and the production crew were tossing around the idea of hiring a paid intern to maintain the camera and audio equipment. He went on to explain what the special would be about and where it was filming. He had emailed her professor, Jason, in the hopes that he either knew someone who would be qualified or if he would advertise the position at DePaul.

Leigh panicked, her fingers flying across the tiny touchscreen as she replied to him.

Jason,

Thank you so much for forwarding this to me! Do you know if there's an email address or phone number I could contact them at?

Between you and I, this is a dream job!! I need this internship!!

Leigh

She looked up after frantically hitting 'send' and startled when she felt someone sit down next to her.

"Oh, you're here early too! Did you win a contest?" The older woman said kindly, settling down in her seat and putting a canvas tote at her feet.

"Uh," Leigh wondered what this woman meant, "No?"

"You know Anthony, then?" She asked, smiling and readjusting the sunhat on her head and Leigh saw a 'season ticket holder' lanyard around her neck.

She realized that if these were the tickets that Anthony always had, of course this woman would have seen everyone that he had invited to the games.

"Yeah, he wouldn't let me get my own ticket." She frowned and the older woman cackled happily.

"He's such a sweetheart, isn't he? I'm Linda, it's good to meet you."

"Leigh. He really is. I've never sat this close, though."

"Well, welcome! I hate to ask but are you related to him? You don't look Italian at all!" Linda's eyes looked curious under her sunglasses and suddenly Leigh felt studied.

"Ah, no. I'm local."

Linda's eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up, but her smile only grew, "I've sat here for fifteen years and in the handful that he's been playing for our Cubbies, the only girls who sat here were either giveaway winners or his relatives!"