Adeline ran up to Katie and gave her a hug. "why is your coat unzipped Adeline "Katie said softly as she zipped up Adeline's coat. This was Katie's old home when Katie was five both of her parents died in a horrible house fire at her cousins house.Since she was a quiet girl she never really had friends and all of her relatives were in that house she had to go to live with her babysitter (Miss Alana) .By the time all the papers were done Miss Alana had become certified to own a small orphanage at her house .When Katie moved in it was just her, Miss Alana, and three other girls who were adopted very quickly soon after they came to the orphanage. About a month after she moved in a little girl came and her and Katie became best friends and could never leave each others sides. Although they were best friends Katie could never remember her name even though it wouldn't help because she got her name changed as soon as she was adopted.

When Katie's best friend got adopted about a year later. When Katie was eight Adeline moved in. About a month later Katie was adopted by a very rich couple who didn't have kids. When Katie left she left the orphanage she left Adeline who was only two all by herself. When Katie was adopted she felt lonely.So one day she asked her parents if they could adopt Adeline,but of course they said no. So now Katie is twelve and now goes to her new private school,Auntie Pearls Academy.

It was time to leave the orphanage.Katie's Mom's black Cadillac pulled up and Katie got in the front seat. At home Katie was no other.She was outgoing and energetic. No one had ever seen her like this but Miss Alana.Not even her parents had ever seen her like it. But of course it didn't matter her parents were never home they were either at a movie shoot,a party, a auction, or a recording.They never really paid much attention to her. Her parents were Justin and Lilly Angelos Her life had always been different she never talked to anybody because she didn't want people using her to get to her famous parents.

"Justin dear we're home"Lilly called out to her husband. Katie could smell the roasted duck cooking in the kitchen.Katie ran up to her room. When she walked inside she immediately saw what she wanted to see. "Anna!" Katie screamed.Anna was Katie's best friend.Katie knew she had nothing to worry about because Anna's parents were also famous so Katie knew she wouldn't use her to get to her parents .Anna also knew how it felt to be used.Anna and Katie talked and talked about how they were and things like that."And she told me 'that's my seat' and I was about to say my parents are Justin and Lily Angelos but I didn't I just took the seat next to her.Then she took almost all hour telling the class about what she did over summer break.'i went almost every where down south except for Cuba because I don't want those Cubans touching me with their little grubby hands.But of course I'm super thrilled because I'm going to France next summer since I will be going into high school.' talk about annoying i've been to france only about a million times.And I bet she never went to Haiti on a family trip with Angelina Jolie,Brad Pitt and their kids and help them save a few more kids."Katie said as she was talking about. Zoe.

"Girls dinner is finished"Suzae the French chef called from downstairs.After dinner Anna and her parents had to go.The next day at school Katie walked into language arts and then realized that there was a seating chart on the board. Katie and Zoe sat next to each other."Okay class I see we have all found our seats then I presume." Mrs. Frezno said in her soft spoken voice." Today we will be starting a project that should last about a month. Okay!Every body will be paired up"as soon as she said that over half the class were exchanging looks with one of their friends."of course I will be picking your partners and for a whole month you guys will be best friends."

Zoe raised her hand "Mrs.Frezno what is the project all about anyway."

"Excellent question Zoe, the project will be about you " Zoe batted her eyes.

"aaawww you are too sweet but I don't want every ones projectsn to be on me how about it be on their partners.Yeah that's a good idea!we should do our projects on our partners your welcome Mrs.Frezno."Mrs.Frezno rolled her eyes "No what I meant was your partner is going to be learning everything about you and you will be learning everything about your partner." Every one looked annoyed. Nobody wanted to spend a month with someone who was not their best friend." okay Zoe you will be paired with uuummm "Zoe crossed her fingers"please be Lizzy,please be Lizzy."At the same time Zoe was hoping it wouldn't be her. "uuumm I will figure it out tonight and I will post your partners tomorrow. ".

That night Katie had called miss Alana to tell her about her day at school. "So you go to Auntie Pearls Academy, what district is that?" asked miss Alana. Katie had to think for a second then she remembered." I think it is in the district of Nefeldaville."she responded."oh"miss Alana sounded tickled "remember Emily ." "who?" asked Katie. Miss Alana sounded hurt "Emily was your best friend she goes to your school. I must go now sorry bye." Miss Alana hung up.

As soon as Katie walked into school all she could hear was Zoe, "Who is Katie Angelos Katie who are you." " umm that's me " Katie said softly. Zoe rolled her eyes " oh great not you. How about your parents drop you off at my house tonight and we can get this over with" Katie was about to ask where she lived "Just ask anybody in this school where I live they can tell you." Katie had a feeling this wasn't going to be a fun project.

"Why don't I come in and meet her parents Katie ." Lilly asked her daughter." I just said so no mom." Katie was getting annoyed and just got out of the car. A older girl not old enough to be Zoe's mom though she must be her sister thought Katie. "Zoe your friend is here! "Her sister yelled. "Who are your parents why didn't they come in, are you embarrassed by them is that why, oh Zoe told your her project you better have a interesting life for Zoe to write about. Oh I'm so embarrassed I'm so impolite I'm Julie." That night they got most of the important facts when Katie asked Zoe a question."So what is something about you that nobody else knows?". Katie watched Zoe answer the question."You swear you won't tell anybody else" Katie nodded "I grew up in a orphanage for girls." Zoe said guiltily. Katie just thought it was a coincidence. Katie and Zoe just looked at each other when they heard a knock at the door.Katie ran to the door so Zoe wouldn't see her mom.She was too late, Julie had answered it already and her mouth was wide open.Zoe looked through the door and she saw them both. Julie slowly opened the door. "Umm hi come on in".Zoe whispered in Katie's ear"they're your parents." Katie just nodded."Can I put that in the project?". Katie nodded again. "okay well I will see you in school tomorrow.Bye!" Zoe said as she slammed the door behind Katie and her parents.Julie and her sister stared at each other."you are interviewing a Angleos.".

It was Friday night and Zoe had her cousins Jo and Candy over. "Wait a Angelos when did they have a daughter?" Candy asked Zoe. "Well obviously she's our age, I sit next to her in like all my classes." Jo and Candy looked excited." So what is she like is she really snobby or really standoffish?"they asked."She is just a normal girl to be honest with you she is really pretty though and quite shy." Zoe told her cousins.Jo pulled out her iPod and typed something in " is that her Zo?"Jo asked Zoe showing her a picture of Katie" yeah that's her".