Evil Angel

Prologue

            I opened my eyes to find a vastly dark room. I didn’t know what was going on; I didn’t know what I was doing here, or why. I couldn’t see anything, I was confused. My eyes tried to adjust to the darkness but it was impossible to do so. I tried to speak but my voice didn’t come out. My throat was dry; it felt like I had been drained from all water in my body. I tried to move my limbs, but I could barely even feel them. I reached up to the sky and stretched, I was beginning to feel myself, and I let out a long yawn. I was terribly drowsy. I took one step forward and then another, I realized that I was walking with a limp. An ugly limp it was, too, I felt as if I could fall at any minute. The only noises I heard were the ones that my footsteps made. And water, it was distant sounding, I could hear it, “drip, drip, drip”. It began to make me feel nauseous that the most important of my senses was gone. Was I blind?

            I kept walking in the darkness, looking for something to help me understand my situation. Am I a male? Or was I a female? There was only one way to find out… I touched my head. Short hair brushed against my hand. I felt my chest and stomach, I was definitely a male. Now, who am I? And why am I here? I had so many questions that I couldn’t answer. I had automatically tuned into my animal instincts – was there anyone else here?

            I looked around aimlessly, and then remembered the water. I heard water; it must be around here somewhere! Someone has got to be there! I quietly listened for the sound of dripping again, and eventually I heard it due north. Or east, south or west, I’m not really sure considering that I couldn’t even see. I walked ahead; the noise was right in front of me… I began to crawl; the ground was cold and hard. There was nothing. As I kept crawling, I saw a mysterious light, and the ground started to shine and move. It looked like a breeze was blowing over water! I got up immediately and ran towards it; I closed my eyes and eventually approached the water. The light was gleaming from a strange hole that tore the blackness, and I began to splash the water. It had a strange red hue but I began to drink it. I felt my tonsils begin to soak up the water I was lapping up like a child and I felt like I could talk again. I grew quiet as I realized that I was still in a sketchy situation.

            “Is anyone there?” I asked loudly, my voice was deep and calm – I would assume I was a teenage boy – around 17 or 18. No response. No other noise was here but me.

 Suddenly the strange light began to grow, and it grew at a rapid rate, I shielded my eyes with my hands as they started to water from the unbearable light. When I opened my eyes again, I saw a large figure above me. It had no face or any defining features. I wasn’t sure if it was a girl or boy – but it was insanely tall and a misty white. It began to speak, “…You’ll be trapped here until you figure out who you are and why you’re here…” I looked at it; the voice was so monotonous I still couldn’t tell its gender, age, or why it was speaking to me.

“Why am I here?” I asked, “Who am I? Who are you?”

“…and you may be granted a second chance.” It said, gently stroking the side of my face. It disappeared just as soon as it appeared, and I saw the light start to dim. I wasn’t inside that room anymore. I was still limping and I looked as if I was covered in blood.

My eyes began to adjust, and I had yet to find out where I was... and why.