Thank you, good bye.

If we were to be reborn, please, let us meet again, and when that time comes, let us play again.

~Chapter 1~

It was the same everyday, we always played together. We would always went exploring in that field of flowers, and we would lie on the bed of flowers and watch the sunset. And when it rained, we would play hide and seek.

You were my best friend, we played together, went to school together, studied together, and grew up together.

You used to say, "When I grow up, I want to be your Juliet!" and I will always laugh and remind you "If I was your Romeo, we wouldn't have a happy end, you know? Rather, I want you to be my Cinderella!"

I spent 10 years of my life with you. You were like the star of my childhood and the sun of my life. I could not imagine a life without you.

And the day came that my worst fears came true.

~Chapter 2~

It was a cold winter day. We were playing in the flower field that was now covered with pure white snow. We built snowmen and threw snowballs at each other. Even till your hands were frozen stiff and your face already bright pink, you refuse to return to the house. You loved the snow.

And then Mama came to us. Mama told us that some visitors came and they wanted to see us. I took you by the hand and we followed Mama into the house. There, seated on the sofa, was a couple. The husband wore an expensive looking suit and the wife wore expensive looking jewelries. They must be rich, I thought.

And we greeted then politely. I saw the lady eyeing you, and I squeezed your hand tighter, afraid that the lady would choose you. And she did.

"I want her." The lady said, pointing at you with her beautifully menicured fingers. My heart skipped a beat the moment she said that. I squeezed on your hand so hard that you gave a small yelp. You looked at me with those longing eyes, and my heart shattered into pieces.

"I understand." Mama said. She then beckoned the mister to the desk where guests who left with children had to sign on papers. The lady walked up to you with a smile. She said to you, "Hello, I am Angelina Lee, what is your name?" You shyly looked at her, and gave my hand a squeeze.

"My name is Lena, nice to meet you, ma'am." You said, and you gave a little bow. The lady laughed. It sounded like a bird chirping.

"From today on, you call me 'mother', understand?" The lady said to you. You stood there, stunned. Then, the mister returned and the lady held out her hand. "Let's go home, Lena." She said, holding out her hand to you.

You understood what was going on then, and hesitated. I could feel your tiny hand in mine, and they were shivering. Mama glared at you, and slowly, but reluctantly, you let go of my hand, and took the lady's.

And when you walked out of the front gate, you turned back, and I saw tears flowing down your cheeks like waterfalls. You sniffed and mouthed "No!!" But I could only stand there helplessly. I didn't want to stop you from a wonderful life ahead.

~Chapter 3: Lena~

I knew that my lives in the orphanage had came to an end. Many should feel happy to finally get a home, but not me. From the moment I met you I never wanted to be adopted. You were my everything.

That moment, I felt the whole world spin. With my vision blurry and my cheeks wet with tears, I turned back to face you. I wanted to call out to you, tell you to stop these people, tell you to make me return to the orphanage.

But all I could manage was to mouth was a weak "No...!"

You knew, you knew I didn't want to leave this place, you knew I didn't want to leave you. So why are you not stopping me? Why?